Sitebuilder Plus: Add HTML

• Article
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
Here is how you can add a widget or HTML code to your website:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar. Select More from the drop-down menu. Then, select HTML.

3. The HTML placeholder will automatically go to the upper left corner of your page. Click and drag the element to where you want it on your page.

4. Then, click Enter or Paste HTML button in the HTML settings on the right.

5. Remove the current text in the small window and copy in the html code you have for your widget.

6. Save and Publish your website to see your HTML widget on your website.

Important: You need to use preview mode or publish your site to view your HTML code or widget. You can't see HTML elements in edit mode.
Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,896 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 42,896 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
Hi,

Here is how you can add a widget or HTML code to your website:
  1. Click Websites Manager in the left navigation menu. Then, click Edit Site.

2. Click Insert in the top toolbar. Select More from the drop-down menu. Then, select HTML.

3. The HTML placeholder will automatically go to the upper left corner of your page. Click and drag the element to where you want it on your page.

4. Then, click Enter or Paste HTML button in the HTML settings on the right.

5. Remove the current text in the small window and copy in the html code you have for your widget.

6. Save and Publish your website to see your HTML widget on your website.

Important: You need to use preview mode or publish your site to view your HTML code or widget. You can't see HTML elements in edit mode.
(Edited)
Photo of Anton7169

Anton7169

• 496 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This is exactly what I wanted to find out. However I would like to see the HTML on the page before it is saved and previewed or published so that I can see it on the page I am creating at all times. Wouldn't you? Hope Homestead will correct this. Thanks
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Anton7169,

This isn't really a fix, it was more of a design choice.  Sitebuilder was designed to avoid the use of HTML.  We added the HTML box, so we can deliver some flexibility to those who wish to use it.  Unfortunately, in order to see what the code does, you will need to preview it at least.  In some cases, you may even need to publish it, as your PC may be missing a component that a web server has that prevents the code from running properly in preview mode.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Anton7169

Anton7169

Thanks Drew, From all the books I read on SEO and the use of HTML on web pages, it seems that using HTML should be given more weight in building a website. I strongly believe that the converted HTML document should be seen on the page we are building before it could be saved and previewed and published. Hope the company will give this a thought for the future. Thanks Anton 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I have passed your thoughts to the management and development team. 

Thanks for the comment.

Drew
Photo of Anton7169

Anton7169

Hi! Drew,

Thank you. Hope we will have some results. When we put all our labor to get a website done, we also like to have rich HTML key words that will bring the web pages to the top of search engines.

Thanks again, Anton  

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome
Photo of Christopher0661

Christopher0661

• 60 Points
I'm not happy that I cannot view the html for the entire page. I'm very disappointed in Homestead. After being a customer for many years now, It seems to being going down hill. I'm going to start looking for another site to host my page

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Christopher0661,

We are sorry to hear this, but one of the things people have always liked about Homestead was the lack of need for HTML. I am also not aware of any point at which the HTML of the entire page has ever been available, but I have only been around since 2009. If you have customization needs that require HTML then you may have outgrown Homestead.

What is it you want to change? Perhaps it can be done.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of Wendy2998

Wendy2998

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
question on the widget, I have  had a widget from halfstaff.org for a really long time and now it's  not working; I have tried deleting it and adding it again but not working other than in the preview but once it's published it doesn't load anymore can you please help me my web page is hwd1.org if this helps.  Thanks!  Wendy
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,918 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Unfortunately, we cannot troubleshoot HTML not working. I would contact the company you got the HTML from for updated code.
Photo of Betty9904

Betty9904

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Do I include the brackets? Sorry, but I included them and it will not verify? Dumb question maybe but it is still not quite right on my end.
Photo of Janie2032

Janie2032

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
where do I paste the code for adding a pay pal button?.
Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Janie -

Once you have the code from paypal, you'll have to add the code into an HTML element. Please check out this post for more information.

If you have any more trouble, please let me know!

Thanks
Aubrey
Photo of Angelica8607

Angelica8607

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I went to privacypolicy.com I have the html coed, ut the whole thing pastes to my page. How to add it correctly?

I need to add a privacy policy to my webpage..
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Angelica8607,

Welcome to the community!

If you need to add html to the head section of your page(s), you can find it by clicking Page Settings > Advance

I hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan
Photo of Michael Stuckey Jr.

Michael Stuckey Jr.

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I want to connect a direct update feed from my website to all of my social sites, but i can not find my websites rss feed address. can y'all help?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Michael,

Unfortunately your website does not have an RSS feed url, you can only set one up for your blog.

What I'd recommend doing is using a social media management tool such as Hootsuite - This would allow you to create one message that you could post to all of your various social networks.

I hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

Michael Stuckey Jr.

thanks i think i'll have a custom html designed
Photo of dahlia7762

dahlia7762

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I inserted HTml code written with Accordion: Jquery but the sections were messed up. How do I insert Javascript?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Dahlia7762,

Sorry for the delay - You can add javascript using the html element or by clicking the page info button > Advanced Tab

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan
Photo of John3933

John3933

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
where can I find the html box?

Where can I find the html element?.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi John3933,

You can add html to the head section as well by clicking on Page Settings > Advanced.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan

Michael Stuckey Jr.

thanks all
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

You're welcome, Michael - Let us know if we can offer further assistance.

Thanks!
I publish website but only template shows up on domain. Does not show any of my changes such as pics, contact info, text boxes added .... no changes. All it shows is one pic i replaced from template.

Website not Publishing Changes, only shows Template.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi meyerstransportationsalvage3149,

Give this a try and let me know if the issue persists, thanks!

Ehsan
It did not work ....... www.meyerstransportationandsalvage.com as you can see only the template shows up with image added. None of my edits are on there.
Photo of jessefl802776

jessefl802776

I am trying to figure out how to add links to me page and use html coes to display graphics? Is this not permissible or am I not seeing where you accomplish this? I have advertiser codes which will create commission if clicked through my website but I do not know whee I input these codes. Thank you

HTML codes and graphic links.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi jessefl802776,

You can also add html to the header of your page by clicking:

Page Settings > Advanced

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan
Photo of Brenda9234

Brenda9234

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
how do I add a wigget?.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Brenda9234,

This post has step by step instructions - If you need to add code to the header section, you can get there by:

Clicking Page Settings > Advanced

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan
Photo of Eric1099

Eric1099

• 62 Points
Im trying to copy code for a customized paypal button to use for my site. I do not know where to paste the copied code from paypal for that button so that once clicked my event's participants can utilize the dropdown features ive created for chosing shirt size

Paypal customized button.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Eric1099,

Sorry for the delay - Please use the instructions above to paste the code in an html element on your page.

Hope this helps, thanks!

Ehsan
Photo of Fallonroark9859

Fallonroark9859

• 60 Points
I added a fundraising thermometer widget to my site, and the first time it showed up correctly when I previewed/published it, but I deleted it to try something else, and when I tried to add the same widget again (did the exact same process) it does not show up even when I preview/publish the site...
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

Hi Fallonroark9859,

Have you tried clearing your browser cache? Give that a try and let me know if that helps or not.

Thanks,
Ehsan
Photo of Gerry8284

Gerry8284

• 198 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm able to enter "head" html. How do I enter "body" html as in WOW Slider app?.
Photo of Stan8978

Stan8978

Our organization just became qualified as a non- profit. How do I add a page with a PayPal option to collect donations?

How do I add Paypal to my web site?.
Photo of ricky7685

ricky7685

• 316 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I have an html code for images for floating balloons to appear on my webpage, and after i place the code on my site, the images of the balloons stay stuck in the top left corner of my website. I know the code is fine because i've used it on a test website, and it works perfectly fine there.

Please help.

Html Floating Image stuck in left hand corner.
Photo of kdroofs0750

kdroofs0750

• 62 Points
Photo of Tarsha0395

Tarsha0395

• 62 Points
I'm having a problem adding my donate button for paypal on my non profit website page, can someone help?

Donate button for paypal.
Photo of Lan4627

Lan4627

• 598 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
how to place the html code which is the google conversion tracker between the body body tags of the page you'd like to track.?

how to place the html code which is the google conversion tracker between the tags of the page you'd like to track.?.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Just follow the steps above and the code will be in the body section. Thanks!

Mike

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me..
Photo of richard1361

richard1361

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have joined a couple of affiliate programs and want to put their banner on my partners page but they send it to me in LINK CODE. How do I transform that link code into the actuall banner and put it on my partners page?

Getting affiliate links to my web site.
Photo of Richard5213

Richard5213

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have added it to the bottom of the html and right before /script/ html

How do I put a tag or html into my footer?I am adding a tag from google for remarketing..
Photo of precision0127

precision0127

• 62 Points
i have this info where i built my logo but im not sure how to add it. I built the logo in logo maker and have the code to embed

does any one know how i can add my own logo to the top of the page?.
Photo of Dan8527

Dan8527

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Banner Upload.

I have some html for a banner I made. How do I upload it to my Homestead account and how do I find out what the web address is? Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This thread shows you how to insert the code for the banner. What website address are you needing?
Photo of Dan8527

Dan8527

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I don't want the banner to show on my web pages - I just want to insert the html and have it "hosted" on my account. Then receive a web address that shows it's location on homestead. Thanks.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

If you are wanting a web address, then you'll have to have the code placed into a web page. It could be a page that is not linked to your site. If you want to create page that is blank except for the banner code, then publish it, you could get the url/web address.

Mike
Photo of Bernie9461

Bernie9461

is there a countdown clock available here?.

I want to add a countdown clock to my website. Is one provided here as a widget?

Thanks
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The current version of SiteBuilder Plus does not include a countdown clock. However it is very easy to insert one. Just to a Google search for "website countdown clock" or "html code for countdown clock" and you'll find dozens of websites that give you the code for free. This thread explains how to insert the code into your site.

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of lacey4150

lacey4150

• 116 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How do I add an iframe into my web pages?.

I would like to feature vendor websites within my site, so they don't leave. I googled adding an iframe to a site, and found code. I tried adding it using the "Insert" menu and the </> HTML option.

This was the code:

Nothing showed up. What am I doing wrong?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This thread may also help. https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Rich1434

Rich1434

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Radio station in webpage.

We have a radio station like a podcast, how do I add the radio station link where it plays in the webpage and doesnt send the viewer to a new page?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

I noticed that if you click the link which directs you to the new page, that it provides you with the embed code. Just copy and paste the embed code like shown in this thread.

Thanks!

Mike
Photo of Rich1434

Rich1434

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks, that worked :)
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Great! Glad I could help.
Photo of William1567

William1567

• 70 Points
I had an issue around deleting an existing html snippet and replacing with a new snippet!  Still don't know how to do it as a Support person ended up doing the delete for me.  Any quick answers?  Thanks
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

In Sitebuilder, click on the specific HTML element. Then on the right side, you should see a button that says enter or paste HTML. Once in there, remove the old code and add the new code.

Does that help?

Drew
Photo of William1567

William1567

• 70 Points
Interesting, now I can do that, earlier and yesterday, I couldn't click on the html box and get it to highlight, hence updating to the right.  Working now as expected.  Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Excellent