Sitebuilder is running very slow

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Continued data migration 12/12/2014

I've never had a problem before with Sitebuilder taking so long to load. From the logging in process to the "website managing" link to saving changes to previewing the changes. Previewing took the longest...whew. I found myself deciding to skip the preview option because I didn't want to wait so long for it to load. The fee for the website has gone up but the quality has gone down? I hope this is just a temporary glitch.
Photo of Diane5860

Diane5860

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Dismayed and frustrated

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Diane5860,

It isn't a glitch. All accounts are being moved to a new data center. The migration is causing the slowness. My understanding is that it is still slated to complete at the end of this coming week. You should see improvement after that.

Drew
Photo of andre1708

andre1708

• 1,496 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
My god this is awful.  I have never seen Sitebuilder this slow.  Homestead keep saying in their blog that the network problem has been solved and everything is normal.  IT IS NOT.  DREW JUST SAID IT ABOVE.  I have never been satisfied with the support of Homestead since the day it was sold to Intuit.  We used to get lots of nice functions free years ago but they dissapeared one after another slowly but surely.   Believe me if I could move away from Homestead easily I would.  But I prefer to live with this poor support than having to go thru the hassles of recreating my websites somewhere else.  They say things will start improving in a week from now.  Homestead truly lacks respect towards its client.  They don't care cause we are stuck with them. They do as they please and this migration is a living proof.  One day some wise guy will find a solution to migrate quickly and easily away from Homestead.  When comes that day then Homestead support will realize their mistake but it will too late.
André
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

andre1708,

The blog is referring to a 3rd party routing issue that is resolved. The migration is ongoing and the slowness, while unfortunate, was expected.

Drew
Photo of Karinjg

Karinjg

• 760 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Something told me to come here and see what's going on. I thought my computer had gotten stupid! At least now I know that's not the case. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Karinjg,

No, the slowness is caused by the data migration to a new data center. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Drew
Photo of stelljohnson7358081

stelljohnson7358081

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Is it resolved? Today is December 7, 2014 and no changes is being seen and weird things are happening, I can see the changes made on one computer or browser but not on the other????
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

stelljohnson7358081,

This sounds like a cache issue. Clear your browser history on the computer that doesn't reflect the changes. If that doesn't work tell us what page, and we'll take a look. I am afraid it will likely be slow through the week at least.

Drew
Photo of Roy7830

Roy7830

• 142 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Dec 12 and still slow, locking up, forever to load  photos ,logging in, everything is so slow and bad. How soon until fixed? Never had a problem until couple weeks ago. Been what Homestead like forever nvr problems until now. Help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.