sitebuilder does not connect to internet

• Question
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • In Progress
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Is Homestead Sitebuilder offline?

it remains offline even when the pc is connected
Photo of bob6186

bob6186

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The development team is aware of the issue and are working to try to correct it. If it is urgent, you can log into Homestead and edit with Sitebuilder Plus.
Photo of Kim8199

Kim8199

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Drew, I am having the same issue with Sitebuilder Desktop version. I just tried to do my edits online using Sitebuilder Plus, but it opens to a version of the site that is over 2 years old (probably the last time I used Plus). What can I do now to make my edits without rebuilding two years of work?
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

• 580 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Yes same here, none of my new pages are on the plus.  I have always used desktop version.  I need so badly to get a page published for my business today.
Photo of Jeanne5148

Jeanne5148

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
OK, Drew, well it appears that Homestead is no longer actually invested in SiteBuilder.  No one here has received any real help, and more of us are building up everyday with no ability to connect SiteBuilder to the internet.  SiteBuilder "Plus" is nothing compared to the sitebuilder I had installed on my PC.  If you and your company are unwilling to address this problem, it definitely is NOT in my best interest to continue doing business with you.  To whom are you now marketing?  Please advise.
(Edited)
Photo of Connie7227

Connie7227

• 578 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
And this is what I get [after multiple tries] of using your sitebuilder plus when I try to load my main web site.  

Does your tech team not test [I believe you called it a security update] before launch?   Thousands of sites are sitting in limbo - not functioning!!! 

Photo of bob6186

bob6186

• 96 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the response.

When I reinstalled Sitebuilder on my laptop I noticed that the version downloaded was 32 bit and my OS is Win 10 64 bit.

I downloaded the Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package (x64) and still had no connection.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Yes, reinstalling is not the answer. We are working on identifying the issue.
Photo of Jeanne5148

Jeanne5148

• 102 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm having the same problem.
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

I really need to get my page published as soon as possible, is there any update on this?
Photo of Connie7227

Connie7227

• 578 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
So the homestead company didn't /doesn't have the business sense, ability or foresight to "update" and "build on" their own desktop version of the site builder program???  What were all the "updates" for in the past?  Would seem to be a plausible opportunity to make sure your program didn't get old and outdated!!
And it has the balls to continue to sell the very same "program" right now on the home page of homestead.com??
If our only option is to use sitebuilder plus ~ online ~ is homestead going to reimburse me for my overage of data use?
My main site won't even load in Plus - I get an error message!
Just tried one of my smaller site; elements are not in the same position and copying and pasting removes all font treatments {bold, links etc}
Bloody hell ~ I am pissed!!
Photo of fitbyfaith

fitbyfaith

I am starting to get super concerned. I have had this website for over 10 years and so much has been put into  it, all built with Sitebuilder.   I needed to get a page uploaded yesterday and now it is causing issues.  PLEASE SOMEONE RESPOND!
Photo of Diana1323

Diana1323

• 552 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Horrible customer service here!!!  I have not been able to publish for several days now.  I cannot insert links and nothing winds up being the same.  I had to redo a ton of work because the version that pulled up on sitebuilder plus was old.  Your company needs to fix this issue.  Why one earth would you still have the option to download this program if it does not work????? 
(Edited)
Photo of John Kallas

John Kallas

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
sitebuilder has not connected to the internet for me, either with offline verison or the online one! horrible customer service and i've been using homestead for more than 10 years. why am i paying $23.99 a month for a site that doesn't work at all now and has ZERO customer support?
Photo of Ken0942

Ken0942

• 368 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
It has taken me all day to trying to resolve this issue because your error message said that it was a problem with an incompatible program on my computer.  Now, I have stumbled upon this by accident. You keep sending out emails in something called The Homesteader telling us how great you are - yet you cannot send us an email telling us about this situation.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.