SiteBuilder Desktop Not Working...

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have been using SiteBuilder desktop for a long time - as of Friday it was working. Went to log on this morning and it says I can no longer use the software....what happened?
We are still on windows 7 due to software we run - and I did NOT do any updates - I have them all turned off.
Photo of David0589

David0589

• 604 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 42,958 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello David,

That program is unfortunately very old and hasn't been supported in several years. It uses Microsoft software that they no longer support so it is having an increasing amount of issues. We have a workaround you can try to get this working, but I cannot guarantee how long this will work for.

My best suggestion is to either use Sitebuilder Plus to edit your website or consider rebuilding your site in our newer builder WebsiteBuilder to take advantage of the free SSL, mobile friendly, responsive sites we are able to offer.
Photo of David0589

David0589

• 604 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
disappointing...why
1) Sitebuilder plus has lack of options the desktop version has. Just even the simple task of opening two pages at the same time to copy and paste back and forth.

2) Rebuild everything...yeah I got nothing but time. over 75 pages... And there are simple task that seemed to be ignored...like dropdown menus for instance.

but it looks like i am being forced to do so....
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 42,938 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
I do understand that some people prefer the downloadable builder to the online version. Alternatively, a lot of people prefer Sitebuilder Plus or WebsiteBuilder. There are different functions in all 3 builders. Ultimately, though, the desktop builder is just too outdated. It is not possible to fix it since it uses software from another company that has been discontinued.

Rebuilding your site can be done in the background as you have time. The newer builder does have the ability to create drop down menus.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.