Sitebuilder Desktop local/published files deleted message

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Sitebuilder Desktop local/published files deleted message UPDATE

Hello all,

We are currently aware of the issue where you get a warning popup in Sitebuilder Desktop asking about deleting your local files because your published files are deleted. We are working to get this resolved, and we apologize for the inconvenience. 

The work around for this at the moment is when the popup comes up, you want to go through and select do not delete local copy for each of the files.  

After this is done, we need to refresh the files on our side. Please respond to this post so I can refresh your files for you. 

After this is done for your sites, you will need to select all your files and 'upload' your files in the file manager of Sitebuilder.

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,864 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
The refreshing files seemed to work for me.  It prevented me from having to manually say "no" to deleting local files and was able to get right in to Sitebuilder -- saved a few hours of work.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

• 3,144 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
it will not work for long. if you look at your files, you will have many that are old. ones you already deleted. they are "refreshing" an old version of your site. NOT the version you have. the servers refresh all the time-eventually you will be right back where you started in a few hours.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,864 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
It doesn't sound like we have the same problem, Bill.  I have not deleted any files.  The problem I have is the published version deleting the files and having to reupload them.  When the site was refreshed it seemed that everything was current (the site gets updated every day, multiple times usually)...  But I hope that all the problems, whatever they are, are fixed.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

i just got off the phone with them. very nice girl. they are aware of the issue now. sure too them a while. 

but yes. i get what ur saying. however, we actually do have the same issue. the bottom line is that the version they have is not version you have. this is the reason why the system keeps asking you to delete or not delete. 

wait a few hours and you will have to start all over. you can publish and it will save those new changes, but the old version will still conflict.
Photo of Judith4708

Judith4708

• 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I've used Homestead for other websites with no problems, but am in the middle of developing a new website and have noticed erratic behavior in saving with SiteBuilder, pages I thought were deleted are still there, slow loading after the third choice on the website [after 3 clicks on different buttons/links] - in fact, bogs down to a standstill. Is this all part of this same "upgrade" problem with the new servers? How do you see this playing out? My job's on the line and I need to slow this project down, or figure out an alternative. It has been the last two days that I've noticed the most problems.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

i see this either playing out quickly or not, of course. i've been thinking about using a different platform anyway, but i do need a functioning website while i develop the other one. i'm just going to put both scenarios on the back burner and do something else for a week or so. if by then homestead does not have this resolved, i'm out of here. if you do need to make some updates, you can if you follow my workaround but it will be time consuming.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.