Sitebuilder Desktop local/published files deleted message

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Sitebuilder Desktop local/published files deleted message UPDATE

Hello all,

We are currently aware of the issue where you get a warning popup in Sitebuilder Desktop asking about deleting your local files because your published files are deleted. We are working to get this resolved, and we apologize for the inconvenience. 

The work around for this at the moment is when the popup comes up, you want to go through and select do not delete local copy for each of the files.  

After this is done, we need to refresh the files on our side. Please respond to this post so I can refresh your files for you. 

After this is done for your sites, you will need to select all your files and 'upload' your files in the file manager of Sitebuilder.

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of dave3007

dave3007

• 336 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Are you kidding? ALL MY PICS! That will take hours...

Dave

Photo of William S

William S

I do apologize for the inconvenience, but this is the fix that we have confirmed working at the moment. 
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

• 850 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Please refresh gcsct.org. Thank you
Photo of William S

William S

patti2506,

Done. Please try and close out Sitebuilder and open back up, then upload the files from file manager.
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

ok, seemed to work. Thank you!  Can you also refresh teh files for staloysiuschool.net? Same problem
Photo of William S

William S

Done. 
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

thank you. I will try and upload those files now. Welcome, William.
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

does this have to be done on every machine that accesses these websites via the desktop version, or just as long as it is done on one, that's ok,  Please advise. Thank you!
Photo of William S

William S

No, once the files have been refreshed any PC you use Sitebuilder to access should be okay. 
Thanks,
Photo of Margot7790

Margot7790

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Can you please refresh the files under  www.vidahomeopathy.com?
All the pictures in our store have disappearded
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the info William and Welcome to the Community! 
Photo of susan2829

susan2829, Champion

• 43,192 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Question: What happens if we don't open SB while all this is going on? Will we still have to go through the do not delete routine or will things resolve?
Photo of William S

William S

Thanks for the welcome! We don't have and an answer to that yet. It's possible you may not have to, but we are waiting to hear more info. I'll keep you updated.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

• 3,144 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
not working again!!! this is taking all day to straighten out!!! 
Photo of Clairice2888

Clairice2888

• 894 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I have been dealing with this nonsense since 6:30 AM. I have been on hold forever! The music is irritating to no end. This is totally wrong.
Photo of William S

William S

Hello Clairice2888,

I have refreshed your files for your sites. You would need to log out of your Sitebuilder and close it off, then log back in and follow the steps above. 
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

by the way you should not say the problem has been "solved" when clearly it hasn't been.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

the issue still persists. i tried copying/deleting my site files and still have the issue on 2(TWO)machines. the issue is clearly on your end. please fix it so i an do business.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,894 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
DurandNOW.com - I have thousands of files.  There's no "no to all?"
Photo of William S

William S

There is not a not to all option unfortunately. I have refreshed your files. Closing out and logging back in and see if it gives you the message. If it does, you have to hit the don't delete.
Photo of Clairice2888

Clairice2888

Still not working.
Photo of William S

William S

Clairice2888,

Whats happening?
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

i'm in the S's...i'll just keep going
Photo of Clairice2888

Clairice2888

I will have to let you know tomorrow. Last I looked it was still messing up.
Photo of Clairice2888

Clairice2888

Okay, still having issues with the error message popping up randomly, but compared to yesterday it is much better. 
Photo of Sheris0305

Sheris0305

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Please refresh all the files for emmanuelrc.org
Photo of William S

William S

Sheris0305,

Your pages have been refreshed.
Photo of Sheris0305

Sheris0305

• 84 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
It happened again when i tried to open Sitebuilder this morning.  Please refresh my files... again.  When is this issue going to be resolved?
Photo of Karsun

Karsun

• 500 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Sitebuilder Not Working.

Today when I have tried to update my sites in Sitebuilder, it keeps doing this thing where it asks me about deleting a local copy. This can take up to an hour to try to do and lord forbid you close it out, you have to start over. I talked on chat and was told they were working on it and to try it again tonight. I just want something public notated. Anyone know when it will work again correctly? I'm working on a site I get paid for and this is really not helping.
Photo of William S

William S

Karsun,

I have refreshed your files from our side. Please see the post above to fix the issue with Sitebuilder. 
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

Hi William - Please ask the powers at Endurance to at the minimum to update the system status blog. Why bother having one if you won't let the public know of the issues?http://status.homestead.com/ Very disingenuous, not you, them. Thank you.
Photo of Karsun

Karsun

I've already done that and the refresh and it's still doing the same thing. I have a photographer website and this will take me hours and hours to do for it not to even work.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

everyone is wasting their time. they do not know what the issue is. i have been working on this issue for 7 hours with no end. finally have my site published. my recommendation is to wait until they figure it out. the issue is their end. not ours. 
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

It's not the first time this has happened.  I had to do this once before. 
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

what exactly was the cause? what was the final solution? how long did it take? 
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

The "solution" was that I had to manually re-upload every file.  Thousands.  No idea what the cause was.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

this also has nothing to do with Desktop. the same issue is happening with Plus. 
Photo of Karsun

Karsun

Everything "seems" to be working now. It still takes a little longer to get into www.karsunphotography.com than the others which is probably because it has a gazillion files. That is an estimate, not a real number, and sarcasm intended. The other sites seem to pull up much faster.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

dont count on it. wait a few hours. the problem will reoccur. the published version is not synchronizing with the what is in your account. 
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Hey Karsun, nice site!  Curious-- is that slideshow deal an element of Sitebuilder Plus or is that separate code?
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

yeah. how'd she get that in there?
Photo of Karsun

Karsun

Top secret! Just kidding - I used http://www.cincopa.com/ and it really helps. I guess at some point I'll do all of the portfolios that way but that'll take some time. :/ (and thank you!)
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Awesome tip.  Thank you!
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

Karsun-

sorry to bother, but would you be kind enough to explain how you are able to do what you are doing? are you inserting the slideshow via the html app? 

can you put it layman's terms please? it would be a great help. i've been trying to figure out how to do exactly the kind of thing you have for years!

thanks
Photo of Karsun

Karsun

Yes, use the HTML app and just size it to what you need. To make it more helpful, I size my HTML box the same size so I can adjust it to where it needs to go. If I need it a different size you can adjust the HTML accordingly. I hope that helps. :)
Photo of Karsun

Karsun

I guess to clarify, click the "add HTML" thing and paste the code into there once you get it.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

oh. and btw. after wasting over 9 hours today on this publishing issue, out of the blue it resolved itself without me doing a thing on my end. i knew it. it was on their end all along. what a load of crap. sorry Drew.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am sorry, I am not sure what happened today, I was out of the office. Are you folks still having an issue?
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

Drew-

I really wish you would look into this. I've been treated rudely, spent the entire day without eating on this and still have no full resolution.

I managed to publish everything, but if i make any changes like delete a file or add a line of text, i have to go through EVERYTHING again. 

Everything means, let my entire web site "recycle" and synch up with the sever version.

When I visit the version in PLUS, one minute the site has totally vanished and next its there!

I think they have absolutely no idea what they are doing. Very similar to the email migration over a year. I spent hours with them cursing and blaming me and they were totally out of the loop!

This MUST end!!! I cant take it anymore. I actually shaking from not eating!

Sorry. 

Bill
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Bill5099,

I am sorry for the issues. I will see if I can get some information for you. I am not back until Friday, but will see if I can get something for you before that.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

PLEASE try. i am really at my limit. i'm seriously thinking of just closing the site down, taking a break and finding another provider at my leisure. this is getting ridiculous and dont like being treated this way. these kids you have down in Phoenix are a bunch a wise ass punks. such a joke. sorry . not you. but i've just had it.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am very sorry and wish I could get you an answer tonight, but I will try to get something tomorrow.
i do understand the frustration. If you have a specific complaint about an agent I will investigate. It is our intention to provide you with effective and courteous service, but we do have a number of newer folks that we can help out if you can let us know what happened. You are welcome to post privately if you wish to provide details.

Drew
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

Bill, send me your email address to support@websforgood.com. Would like to share something with you. My frustration level was same as yours. I gave up.
Photo of Judith4708

Judith4708

• 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

This string is very helpful. I've had other homestead accounts with no problems, then suddenly, as I am designing a new website and sharing changes and updates with the board that has to approve it, suddenly, erratic, erratic behavior. OMG. Glad I read these messages. At least I know it's not me. But, heck, what havoc this is creating. I think I will set aside this project - which I can - for a day and see if Homestead works this out.  BTW, the new colors are **not good** on this [homestead community]  page, yellow and purple? Get a new designer. The burgundy/purple comes off brown. Not awe-inspiring for a website design. Change to blue. Read about colors. The yellow is really harsh.

Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

I'm having an issue yes

After manually telling sitebuilder not to delete the local files, after going to work on another site and returning, I am once again being prompted... it literally took multiple hours the first time to go through files and then wait for them to upload.  seriously.  this post says "solved" but it's really not solved.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We will check again on this issue.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Update 9:29 1/29/15: Can not publish.  Sitebuilder saves, but I get an error when publishing.  
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

drew- durandnow.com, if you can somehow "refresh" the published site... i have other sites that are having the same issue but this is what i'm trying to work on right now and it has the most files 
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

"refreshing" is a waste of time. i did that 3 times today with these idiots and each time it wiped out half my site. i had to repair site navigation, photos, documents. took me hours. i'm giving up.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I refreshed the files, but I am still not sure what is happening, so I will need to get some info from the engineers.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

if i could get an adult on the phone i could move this along but instead i'm dealing with kids, weed smoking punks and wise asses all day. do you have any idea what this has cost me? i'm tired of being blamed for Homestead's mistakes and spending endless hours working through it. sorry drew. time for me to check out. i'm giving up.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

That got me in and I was able to do one update, but I"m not able to update the site now.. it's acting like it's updating but the page is just reflecting the changes
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

But thank you -- at least I'm in.  I'm not leaving.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Joshua,

Are you able to save the changes and reenter Sitebuilder and see them? Is it just a publishing issue?
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

Sorry for the delay - had to sleep.  Yes, I was able to see changes in Sitebuilder, it was just a publishing issue.  But, I was able to publish this morning successfully, so not sure what changed overnight.  

I have not tried exiting the program again yet because I don't want to run into the deleted files issue again.  At some point soon I'll have to exit though... 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Bill5099,

I do understand the frustration and will do anything I can to help. If you need to move your site, I do understand, and we will be sorry to see you leave.

Our goal is always to improve our service, so if you have a service complaint, please feel free to let me know the details. This is best done by creating a private conversation.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

i dont even have the strength anymore to figure out how to open a private convo. i just want to be a able to edit my website. please have an adult pick up the phone and call me first thing tomorrow. a service complaint would take me 5 paragraphs to explain. 

the issue is very simple. THE SERVER VERSION IS NOT SYNCING WITH REALITY-WHAT IS ON YOUR SERVER IS NOT MATCHING UP WITH EITHER PLUS OR DESKTOP. PERIOD. THIS MEANS THAT EVERY TIME I HAVE TO EDIT MY SITE IT CYCLES THROUGH ALL MY FILES ASKING ME IF I WANT TO DELETE OR NOT DELETE. THIS TAKES HOURS. 

i'm sorry to yell, but i cant take it anymore, ok? i must have a utility that works. not next month. not next week. NOW. 

instead i have this this wise ass supervisor telling me its my fault and that i'm being uncooperative and unhelpful. what is that supposed to mean???

i give up. 
Photo of b0313

b0313

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is happening to me as well.  Can you please look into it >  Fiberglassmasks.com
Photo of James4954

James4954

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

refresh files for crossroadsmanagement.com . I have gone through all my files like twice now

Photo of William0213

William0213

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Anything new?
I have 500+ file and 2300+ web pages - the temporary fix is imprcatical.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

this is a temporary workaround until the pot monkeys figure this out:

1)when you log in and the system(desktop or plus) asks you to delete or not delete quickly select no for each file. log out.

2) you will then see in your file manager that all your files needs to be uploaded. they do not. just select one. and publish/upload. log out.

3) when you log back in, the system will then cycle back through but w/o the delete or not delete question. it may take a few minutes but it will then sync up with your site files on your machine. in your file manager you will then see that everything is uploaded.

here is where the issue lies: if you make any changes-the system will attempt to sync up again. the files on their server are ALL your files(or at least many of them)-even ones you have deleted long ago-perhaps years. obviously you do not have those files anymore-but the system is trying to sync up what they have with what you have which is now "missing". OR, after waiting for few hours the system will try again-still to no avail and you will have to start over at #1 above.

"refreshing" does absolutely nothing. all they are doing is refreshing old files you dont want and you will have to cycle through all of them over and over again until they match up with what you actually have on their end. 
Photo of patti2506

patti2506

Thanks, Bill, for the detail.This is incredible. An incredible waste of ALL of our time. One thing I did do that may help others. I deleted old files in the file manager before existing. That did seem to help getting less files to have to respond to in the "delete or not" issue. And I'm pretty sure I broke my keyboarding pounding on it yesterday after so much frustration. :( However, the refresh thing has worked me so far. But I'm afraid to log in again.
Photo of Bill5099

Bill5099

do not be afraid to long in again. if you do exactly what i said it will take no more than 15-30 minutes each time you make changes/or they refresh the servers(they do this every day-hence why overnight/next morning you will be forced to update again.)

you will think you deleted files, but they didn't on their end. so each time you log in, the system will try and match things up that don't exist.

also, you will not be able to delete any pages. (i dont know why that it yet-but i'm working on it)

you will be able to make changes and publish. it will just take the rest of your natural life if you have to make lots of them.

i am going to call shortly to see if these kids are taking a weed break or have come back from surfing. maybe i wont get a snotty kid on the phone.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.