Sitebuilder Desktop local/published files deleted message UPDATE

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Hello all,

We are currently aware of the issue where you get a warning popup in Sitebuilder Desktop asking about deleting your local files because your published files are deleted. We are working to get this resolved, and we apologize for the inconvenience. 

Please see below the updated fix for the Sitebuilder desktop:

*When the popup comes up asking if you want to delete or not, close out of Sitebuilder completely. You do not have to select any option or go through this for all your files if the steps below are done.

Step 1. We need to refresh the files on our side. Please respond to this post so I can refresh your files for you. This updates our file list manually so the files will sync properly.

Step 2. Close out of Sitebuilder completely and navigate to your website files stored on your computer. In your site file the "~localFileCache.xml" needs to be deleted.

To locate your site files:

Windows XP go to
C:\Program Files\Homestead\SiteBuilder\data\user\Sites.

Windows Vista and Windows 7, Windows 8 go to C:\ProgramData\Homestead\SiteBuilder\data\user\Sites. To learn how to find this folder, read Show hidden folders in Windows.

After this open up Sitebuilder and it should be fine. You will need delete the file on each computer you use Stirebuilder Desktop on. 
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Danny8039

Danny8039

• 60 Points
Please refresh calvaryhvl.com.
Photo of William S

William S

Danny8039,

Your files have been refreshed.
Photo of Steven5701

Steven5701

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Published files deleted?.

Can't locate file "~LocalFilecache.xml" on my C drive. Window with Local files deleted, continues to appear and can't access my website. Please advise. Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,636 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Steven5701,

Close Sitebuilder and try again. If it doesn't work then let us know which site.
Photo of Patricia5795

Patricia5795

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I need patspizzazzfurniture.com refreshed 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Patricia5795,

Close site builder and try again. The site has been refreshed.
Photo of Patricia5795

Patricia5795

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
thanks its working again ! 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Glad to hear it!
Photo of TIColl

TIColl

• 348 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled After logging on window pops up saying "confirm delete file". Nothing happens Hel....

After starting up & logging on a window pops up saying "confirm delete file". When you click on it nothing happens. Can't get onto site at all. Help !!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

TIColl,

Close Sitebuilder and try again. I have refreshed the site files.
Photo of TIColl

TIColl

• 348 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled After logging on window pops up "confirm delete files". Nothing happens Help !!.

After logging on a window pops up "confirm delete files". If you click on it nothing happens. Can't get anything to come up on screen. Can't do anything. Can you HELP please !!!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

TIColl,

Have you closed Sitebuilder and tried again? If so, then try a clean install.
Photo of Wendy9550

Wendy9550

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
What am I supposed to say? What information do I give to say my site is getting all of the delete file messages? Where do I post this? WHEN and how do I get a reply? Fully fed up after about two months with nothing fixed.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 63,202 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Hire a webmaster.
Photo of Wendy9550

Wendy9550

• 404 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Did exactly as staed above!!!! DID NOT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Wendy9550,

Please provide us the site name. We need to refresh the files on the account for you first.
Photo of ReadyRandy

ReadyRandy

• 642 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I knew something was wrong when the update I made last night, didnt appear when opening the index file on different computer.

Drew, can you please refresh the files on your side for:

_1750274411     007Cars.homestead.com
_13439369          zombiejoes.com

I got the popup asking if you want to delete files or not. Now I notice a missing index in SiteBuilder Open.

Once I hear back from you here in this post, I will be sure to delete my local copy of "~localFileCache.xml", start a new SiteBuilder, expect to have to re-download some files, and then attempt to open the index for both sites.

Did I get that right?

Thank you in advance,
Randy
Photo of William S

William S

Hello Randy,

It sounds like you got it correct. I have refreshed the two sites you listed. 
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

• 3,412 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Please refresh TianosNSB.com
Photo of William S

William S

Done!
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

Can you now please refresh NSBSleepShop.com   THANKS!!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Victoria6733,

Refreshed
Photo of www.sealwarfare.com

www.sealwarfare.com

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled SiteBuilder error box pop up... i lose most of my website cause of this crap...i ....

when i load site builder,,, a box pops up and says [[["the published copy of this file has been recently deleted ~serverFileCache.xml:]]] im sick of this!!! why does this happen? and then i lose most of my website.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The site files have been refreshed. You should be able to delete that one file and proceed without error
Photo of Patsy Ann

Patsy Ann

• 1,780 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Web Site it totally missing in SiteBuilder.

I went into SiteBuilderLPX like I always do with my sites to make some corrections and this site is totally missing.  It ask if I want to start a new page as if I were just starting to design.  This site is up and running and has been for 2 years.  It is on the Internet..but no where in my sites. 

Please check on this and let me know what is going on.   

www.texashillcountrycleaning.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Patsy Ann,

I have refreshed the site files. You should be able to launch Siebuilder now and see the files
Photo of Sandra4589

Sandra4589

• 60 Points
Please refresh www.oursaviorslutheranschool.org. I completely lost my calendars page and hope that it can be restored.
Photo of William S

William S

I have refreshed your files. I do see your calendars page, so it should be there,
Photo of Kristyn9951

Kristyn9951

• 70 Points
please refresh for akhansonfamily.com
Photo of William S

William S

Are you getting the delete local files issue as shown above? Your files look okay on your account, but your files have been refreshed to be safe. 
Photo of Kristyn9951

Kristyn9951

• 70 Points
I pulled up SiteBuilder Plus and it asked if I wanted the local files or published files and I think I selected local files and now the site looks completely different than what's published.
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

Can you please refresh files for www.fitforyourcore.net  ALSO I need to undo pointing for the domain name as well

THANKS IN ADVANCE 
Photo of William S

William S

The files have been refreshed, and just want to confirm, you want to remove fitforyourcore.net off the account?
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

Yes Delete the url Please n Thank you Bunches :)
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

Can you please refresh www.NewSmyrnaFarmersMarket.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I found nsbfarmersmarket.com and refreshed it. If that isn't the correct one, let me know.
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

ROCKSTAR...... :)                .Could you please refresh RoyalPalmCourt             
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

any way to ensure all my sites are refreshed ??
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

and please DELETE domain jackgrastyformayor.com
Photo of William S

William S

I have removed jackgrastyformayor.com from the account. We do not have a way of refreshing all sites, but while I was looking at the account, I also refreshed the following sites:

maxdockandseawall.com
royalpalmcourtcoa.com
venetian-villas.com
precisionculturedmarbleandgranite.com
oblacksun.com
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

Thanks William !!
Photo of Victoria6733

Victoria6733

can it be done from my end ?
Photo of William S

William S

Unfortunately this has to be done on our side. 
Photo of Gayle8814

Gayle8814

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am getting this message. Please refresh
stitcherslaststand.com OR grammasbabystuff.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Files have been refreshed
Photo of Gayle8814

Gayle8814

• 208 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.