Sitebuilder Desktop freezes when opening page when starting up

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Just as the title says, homestead desktop freezes when it gets to the "opening page" portion of startup and will not go further.  Help is greatly appreciated as I cannot do much editing without the desktop version of sitebuilder.
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

• 1,334 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Is it all sites or just one? You should be able to edit in Sitebuilder Plus online.

You will want to follow the instructions linked below to see if it improves the situation.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_do_a_complete_re_install_of_sitebuilder_de...
Photo of Stephen4624

Stephen4624

• 1,334 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
It hangs on all sites.

Unfortunately, there are several things I can do in desktop that I can't do in online.  The most important being that I use layering and in the online version it is virtually impossible to do well.  I also cannot use ctrl to selectively select items.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Layering should work in Plus, and you use shift instead of ctrl. Unfortunately, you can't deselect a single element, so if you grab one by mistake, you do have to start over.