Site Temporarily unavailable.......

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I don't see any updates in the system status, but when customers are going to my site they are getting this..... "Homestead services have been temporarily interrupted. We would like to assure you that we are making every effort to restore service as quickly as possible. We know how much this inconveniences you and very much appreciate your patience." Is this going to be long? I have a sale ending in a few hours and so a lot of customers are trying to get in.
Photo of ShelleyL

ShelleyL

• 632 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Adrian1589

Adrian1589

• 718 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
It just keeps getting better. I assume everyone at Homestead went home. I mean why should they lose any sleep over this? I know I will. This is a EPIC failure! I am so disappointed. The question is now, how do I move my site somewhere else right before Xmas without losing any more business?
Photo of Angela8723

Angela8723

• 388 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My site is down too and when I tried to login to editor it says all my files have been deleted, I sure as hell hope my site has not been lost, I've been with you for over 10 years! you charge enough for it every year when there is plenty of free website builders with just as good a quality.
Photo of Andy8098

Andy8098

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I imagine that Homestead doesn't really care, so I think the best course is to move company, and not hope that they'll fix any of the problems we're all having.

I always get the impression that it isn't a big deal to them, when it's a big deal to us. If the parent company that bought Homestead ( intuit?) aren't really wanting to continue gaining new customers, this is a great way to have everybody leave, by making the service so incredibly poor in comparison to what was once a first calss service.

Times change. It's time to move on, goodbye brand loyalty...
Photo of Roderik7698

Roderik7698

• 282 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
My site was not working at 6:30am eastern time. However, I just got to my store and at 8am eastern time it is working again!!! I knew all that Jack Daniels I drank last night would help!!! Hooray!!!

Here is the thing Homestead. Many of us have spent years building our sites to what they are now. We are your loyal customers and we count on you. You should also count on us since we are the ones who year after year keep making our payments. You have to always focus on the most basic thing which is keeping our sites running. Nobody cares about anything else if our sites are not running.

Thank you very much for getting our sites running again. Now please do not take a chance doing anything that could possibly take them down again.
Photo of Astra0246

Astra0246

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Website working again but email still says "Zimbra Server Down! We are sorry, zimbra server is down is at the moment. Please check back again later."
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
We are investigating this now. I see you have several sites. Can you please tell us which domains are not working? Please post to this thread: https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Roderik7698

Roderik7698

I started having Outlook pull all of my homestead e-mails a few weeks ago and it made it a lot better!
Photo of Peter0895

Peter0895

• 1,962 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
My site was down for 14 hours. All through a Thursday night (prime shopping night of the week for my biz). It was up again at 7:45 this morning.

I hate to say it but after 12 years I'm in the process of preparing a new site at another host. When the email situation unfolded last month, I opened a new site elsewhere. It is half ready and I did it specifically for the reason we experiencing right now. If my site goes down one more time now through Christmas, I'm instantly rolling it all over to the new site and dropping Homestead.

Christmas brings 35+% of my annual sales and without it, I am out of business. Homestead is not putting me out of business. I recommend to all others, prepare a basic site elsewhere with your best selling products/services immediately in which you could convert to within a day's time. We have no idea what could occur here at Homestead. The next outage could last for daysssssss.

Something is very wrong within Homestead. And, I hate saying that after all these years.
Photo of Roderik7698

Roderik7698

Hi Peter, I did the same thing a few months ago but used Volusion as a backup. I spent a lot of time on it and also had 2 of my workers pretty much working full-time on it for a couple of weeks. It ended up where you MUST use their cc processer which ended up charging me 10% to process sales after all the fees. I shut it down after 3 months. If you find a good company, please let me know as I would be very interested in having another backup.

Rod Connors
www.BeadBuddies.net
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
I just wanted to make sure everyone in this thread has been updated to even though I have not been able to personally respond to every post today. The website outage that began yesterday evening, and the email outage that appeared early this morning have both been resolved. We realize how frustrating this is for most of you and we are terribly sorry. If anyone is still experiencing a website that is down, or an email account that is not accessible then we'll need to investigate these individually. Both issues we experienced over the last two days affected a very small percent of our customers. We have many different servers so fortunately most accounts and email addresses where always online.

With the recent acquisition of Homestead by EIG we are definitely going through many changes and there will likely still be some speed bumps along the way. However, under our new parent company we are in a much better position to improve our current lineup of products and services.

I know we have already been working on our email system for a couple of months, but there are still more improvements to come. We appreciate your patience but we firmly believe that the changes we make will be very beneficial to all of you once complete.

Mike
Photo of worldsguitar.com

worldsguitar.com

• 182 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
HOMESTEAD SERVICES INTERRUPTED:SOFTWARE AND MAINTENANCE PROBLEMS!.

I have been experiences very serious problem with homestead the past couple of days, they cost me sales, traffic, my credibility as a merchant might even get affected, every time someone tries to access my website he/she gets the following message:"Homestead services have been temporarily interrupted. We would like to assure you that we are making every effort to restore service as quickly as possible. We know how much this inconveniences you and very much appreciate your patience"

When I try to start my software it is forcing me to upgrade and it says no more disk space, I was planning on deleting few pages from the page editor however HOMESTEAD IS MAKING ME GO THROUGH EVERY PICTURE AND FILE, how the hell to they expect me to be going through each page, image and file, I can't even access my page editor when the software uploads, it keeps telling: "the following file was deleted confirm local deletion" what a hell!!!! I had to keep clicking on each file and page " DO NOT DELETE" I spent an hour doing this crap and I have probably months of deleting before anything gets resolved!!
This is irritating me and I think it's about time HOMESTEAD tells us exactly what's going on!
Photo of liz7153

liz7153

• 1,026 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
One of my websites is down with a services temp unavailable message, yet my others work. What's going on?.

Basically what the subject says. One site I own is down and the rest are fine.
Photo of Gerald2123

Gerald2123

• 276 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
my website www.psychedelicfolk.com has been deleted. how?.
Photo of Rob4653

Rob4653

• 152 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Photo of Mary1038

Mary1038

I can't get on my website!!.

No one is able to get on my website, it just shows empty screen and unavailable. I need this fixed!!!!
Photo of Sharon0405

Sharon0405

• 284 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Server.

When will the Zimbra server be back up so that I can use my email?
Photo of Jeffrey5240

Jeffrey5240

• 222 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Please help....

How long, please? My Zimbra is down (again) and I cannot communicate with people who are requesting financial transactions. This is going to kill my practice and integrity. PLEASE respond (847-445-4100). Jeffrey S.
Photo of Sandra2764

Sandra2764

What's going on at Homestead? When will the website viewing and editing outage, at the busiest time of the year, be corrected?.

The web site for my organization is still totally down, since yesterday evening. I have not seen any updates as to system status on line for 12 hours, and no one at Homestead is available for calls or to chat online for at least another 1.5 hours. This is our busiest season for web site visitors, and our site has is being featured as the featured link on a number of national websites these past two days, with the most being this weekend, beginning this morning. If the link to our site just states that our site is "currently unavailable" we will lose a lot of followers and potential followers. What is the problem and what is the status of a fix? When there is such a problem, why doesn't Homestead e-mail customers effected with more information? When I go to edit my site, I am told all published versions of my files have been deleted? Why so many problems these past couple of months Homestead? And where is customer service? Whenever I can actually finally reach someone via phone or "live chat" for problems these past months, I get a standard response of "The system status is available online. There is no more information at this time. We are working on the problem." And I manage a Homestead site for another local business. That site is working okay. Why is one site totally down, and the other okay?
Photo of VERNELL5964

VERNELL5964

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have called for a week now because my site has been down during this transition to BigCommerce . I have been on hold numerous time and no return to my emails. I have now lost an entire week of business and my customers are calling me. I am deleting my account . www.ntrendz.com
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

This is a great conversation that's separate from the main topic, so I created a new topic to continue the discussion. Please reference the new topic here: domain pointing issue

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.