Site Stats not showing correctly

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • In Progress
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Site statistics not registering visits

When I select web site manager and then select my site  galleryoflegends.net  it tells me there have been NO Visitors to my web site. I know this is not true. When you select the stats and look you can see that there has been a lot of activity. This is the ONLY one of my web sites that does not show web stats. I told customer service about this on Friday May 2. I was told to give it a week as they would let the tech folks know. IT has now be 2 weeks and I still do not see this corrected.
Photo of Lauren5077

Lauren5077

• 778 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lauren5077,  Open the site in SiteBuilder Plus and re-publish all pages of the site. Some of the pages have not been published in over two years.  There's some updated code for tracking that is most likely missing.  After you republish, then watch it for a day or two and it should start reporting again.  If not let us know.

Mike
Photo of Lauren5077

Lauren5077

Hi Mike,
I have done as you asked but will be very surprised and wonder why this would work. The Index page has been published almost daily for the past 2 weeks as well as the directions page. The rest of the web site is no longer relevant. I did publish them again even though they are not available for people to click to (not on navigation bar). So, if this does work (or not) I have another question. What exactly does the VISITS in last 7 days look at? I would like to understand this. Thank you
Lauren
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Lauren5077,  I'm still looking into this so I am not sure that publishing it alone will fix the problem, but we need to rule that out as the code produced by the SiteBuilder has been updated to work with the newer browsers.  Once we rule this out as the first step, then there are some other things to look at. 

Mike

Photo of Lauren5077

Lauren5077

Mike - Any update? THis still does not show correctly.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Lauren5077,  I'm looking into this again. I'll try to get an answer or fix as soon as I can.

Mike

Photo of Lauren5077

Lauren5077

Hi Mike
I am getting pretty frustrated with the STATS I am seeing and not seeing. Still no stats showing when you first select galleryoflegends.net. Then on 6/5 I downloaded the daily VISITS for 5/1/14 - 6/5/14.  Today I downloaded the daily VISITS for 5/1/14 - 6/10/14. I would expect the 6/5 number to change but not ALL OF THE OTHER NUMBERS. I have no confidence in any of the numbers now for any of my sites. I need this looked at NOW. I am no longer going to be patient. I will become the very loud unhappy customer in every blog and place that I can voice my concerns with the lack of validity of your STATS. Please move this to a priority higher than.....MAYBE SHE WILL GO AWAY IF I WAIT LONG ENOUGH
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi Lauren5077,  I have already submitted this to our developers as a bug. Unfortunately I do not not have an ETA on this. The best work-around/solution that I have at this time is to use Google Analytics. It will provide you with far more sophisticated reporting and is much preferred by those that are serious about tracking their website traffic.

Mike
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 2,490 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
We to are having the "NOT SEEING STATS PAGE". We need this page to do business properly and do not ever want to do any business with GOOGLE ever
Photo of Lauren5077

Lauren5077

David - Sorry to hear you are having the same problem. Maybe we can get them to raise this issue on their list. I have been more than patient and am really unhappy with Homestead's take on customer service.
Photo of Dave

Dave

• 2,490 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Mike, Any up date on this problem??
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am sorry to say that we do not have an update at this time.

Drew
Photo of Lauren5077

Lauren5077

This problem appears to not be important to Homestead. Very disappointing. Not a company I can recommend. I have been very patient. Is ANYONE looking into the problem?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Lauren5077,

The problem is important to us and yes, we have people working on it now.  Unfortunately, I can't give you an ETA at this point.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.