Site Mover

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Site Mover. AGAIN...says CLEARLY. DOES NOT DELETE AT THE SOURCE. THAT IS EXACTLY what it does. Make up your mind. Is anyone paying ANY attention?
Photo of authorbear6774

authorbear6774

• 192 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
HI Authorbear,

I believe you're talking about the help topic to move a site.

There are two options in the site mover. If you choose to move the site, including its web address to this account - it will MOVE the entire site.

If you select the first option move to http://yoursitename.homestead.com it will only copy the site as the directions indicate. The directions do say that you should choose the first option to copy the site - step 8.

I am reworking the directions to be more clear. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

Angela
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Official Response
I went to the site mover page and found the text you were referencing - I'll also be sure that we revise this wording. Thanks again. I'll update this post when we've fixed this error.

Photo of Dustybear5671

Dustybear5671

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
thanks. I also discovered I THINK,lol,that if you move BETWEEN accounts, it moves.BUT if you move WITHIN an account, it only copies. If I am seeing this right and I think I am.

Want some SNOW? GOT PLENTY...I am in a generous moody. HEEE..
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You are correct, if it's within the same account it creates a copy. This can be helpful if you are making some major changes or experimenting and don't want to damage your live site.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.