site the same on mobile and pc

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

how to make site appear the same on mobile and pc

Photo of Anne/Stephan8546

Anne/Stephan8546

• 566 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 6,136 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I am not really sure you can do that.  I do wonder why you would WANT to do it?  The whole "mobile-friendly" viewing feature is a very important component to the newer search engine (specifically Google) requirements on how sites are searched for and ranked.  Even the desktop version in its best form to be adaptable to how people look for stuff now.  Pretty much everything important has to be on the home page, which is why the mobile site looks the way it does.  It is set up so it is easy for the end user to swipe and scroll all the way down the page to find the info they need to take the next action (like getting in touch with you)  That process may not be how we used to do it, but even if you do minimal research you will find the majority of people visiting websites are doing it through their mobile devices.  So while this doesn't answer your question, I hope it helps.

Anne/Stephan8546

Yes , you can do it Ive done it before. Can't remember how.

Anne/Stephan8546

I prefer it the same on all devices
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 25,170 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Anne,

You can go to the mobile editor, select settings and set to desktop view. Save and publish to have this go live. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.