Site Navigation (Website Builder)

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I have a horizontal site navigation which is made up of buttons, how do I widen the individual buttons as the text does not fit and I don't want to make the text any smaller?
Photo of Steve7118

Steve7118

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 months ago

Photo of Anne/Stephan8546

Anne/Stephan8546

• 556 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
I answered your question earlier but after going to my site I was messing around with different nav bars. You can build a nav bar one button at a time. Go to "Elements" then to "nav bars" then choose "button" from the top right . Each button can be as wide as you want. Each time you add another button it clicks into line with the others. Click on the button you want to make wider and when you see the white marks at the end of the button click one side until you see an arrow and then right click and hold down to stretch it out to accommodate your text, Go to STYLE to change the back ground and text color of your buttons. You can have a dark background and white text or reverse or what ever you want. Use bold (B) and a simple font (sans serif) so your text is easier to read. If you have a lot of pages this could use up a lot of space on your pages for each nav bar. I use a grid nav bar which is small and throws the menu up on the right side when clicked on your published site, A lot of sites are using the grid nav bar now so ppl know what it is. I put a tiny eyeball beside mine just in case there is any question.

(Edited)
Photo of Steve7118

Steve7118

• 370 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Thank you very much for this, it has been very helpful!! xx

Anne/Stephan8546

Ohhhhhh so happy it helped you. The new site builder takes a while to understand but it is far superior to the old. You can build a great site easily after you get it figured out. Good luck.

Anne/Stephan8546

I answered your question earlier however I dont see it here. So after going to my site I was messing around with different nav bars. You can build a nav bar one button at a time. Each button can be as wide as you want. When you add another button it clicks into line with the others. Click on the button you want to make wider and when you see the white marks at the end of the button click one side until you see an arrow and then right click and hold down to stretch it out to accommodate your text, Go to STYLE to change the back ground and text color of your buttons. You can have a dark background and white text o rreverse or what ever you want. Use bold (B) and a simple font (sans serif) so your text is easier to read.

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 24,620 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello, 

Thank you Anne/Stephan8546, for being so helpful. Steve, I hope you were you able to get that worked out, here is more information about editing the navigation menu https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-navigation-menu.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.