site crawl shows 20 client error 4xx

• Question
  • Updated 4 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

I crawled my site with screaming frog to check for errors etc. and it show a bunch of internal links with http://editor.homestead(and my page urls) for all my pages. and client error 4xx.

www.coastlinetvinstalls.com
Photo of matthewstrat7703

matthewstrat7703

• 422 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am not sure why they consider it an error. but the reference to the editor is part of the publishing process.

matthewstrat7703

I tried to see if other websites using homestead had similar issues, and most that I crawled with screaming frog didnt show those editor urls. Wonder why its not in theirs, but is in mine?

Thanks
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,796 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
You are currently using the newest editor. You may be looking at older sites made with a different builder.

matthewstrat7703

Thats possible. I tested the sites you listed in the last few months on site spotlight. They seemed like they were built on the new website builder, but I could be mistaken.

matthewstrat7703

I also have a ton of urls with (www www) in them. They only occured since switching to the new website builder?  What are these and why do I have them? The only things I can find is something about DNS records not being setup correctly can cause this.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,664 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
How are you seeing those, so we can try to replicate? I don't see www.www anywhere I'm checking.

matthewstrat7703

there is 1 of them at bottom of first page results. There are many more. just do site:coastlinetvinstalls.com

matthewstrat7703

any thoughts?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I am looking into this. I will respond again shortly to let you know what I find.

matthewstrat7703

Hi @Elyzabeth, any luck?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I'm so sorry, what seems to have caused that is the fact that this domain used to be associated to a Sitebuilder Plus site, which has a www subdomain. The subdomain didn't delete when the domain was moved to the Website Builder site. I have removed the * A record, which should fix this issue, but it will take time for that to stop showing in Google.

matthewstrat7703

Another question. Are our websites responsive on all devices? different browsers and resolutions,etc?

matthewstrat7703

Is there a way to make my website responsive across all devices, browsers, resolutions? Or its just not doable?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Hello,

Our websites are not fully responsive, no. Unfortunately, there is not a way on our builder to create a 100% responsive design.

matthewstrat7703

Bummer. It seems that most builders these days are fully responsive to keep up with all the different devices being used. And for cheaper prices. Does Homestead plan to offer that feature ever?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

I know it is something that has been brought up to development, but I'm sorry, I do not know if they have a plan to implement that.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.