Site Builder Plus will never be as good as Site Builder Desk Top, unless the same features are incorporated. Comments Please!

• Idea
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

Site Builder Plus
Photo of Les6064

Les6064

• 8,810 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 67,848 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
I like it better.
Photo of Les6064

Les6064

Tell me what do you like better?
Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
What kind of features in particular that are in desktop would you like in plus? SiteBuilder Plus is a port of SiteBuilder desktop, but built to run on your browser to give more customers ease of access. The organization is certainly different, but the majority of things from desktop are in plus. We did remove some less used elements from plus in the update from desktop, but this was done to remove some of the clutter and provide a more simpler experience. 
Photo of Les6064

Les6064

Hi William, A couple of items that come to mind are: Unable to "clone", Unable to "select all", Getting kicked off for lack of activity only after a couple of minutes.

After being a Homestead member for over 15 years I do not like the "Site Builder Plus" set up, much like many other Homestead members, and thinking about leaving Homestead if Site Builder Desktop is not part of the program.

The latest very upsetting situation with all of the system being down for several weeks without prior warning, is very unprofessional and has put a lot of members in a situation that their clients have canceled accounts.

Now we all are being faced with refreshing files to our accounts before any correction or updates. I have spent hours down loading files on over sixty websites after promises that engineers would take care of the problem.

After investing thousands of dollars in Homestead over the years, I would expect better treatment . If I conducted my business in this manner I would be out of business. Shame on Homestead and Endurance International!

Photo of William S

William S

• 18,878 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
If you want to select all elements in Plus, you can do so by pressing Ctrl + A and it will select all elements on the page. If you are trying to close a page, you can do a 'Save As' and that will make a copy of the page under a new name. If you want to clone an element, like a picture, a copy and paste will make a copy of any element in plus.

We are still continuing use of SiteBuilder Desktop, and I have not heard of any plans to discontinue it. It is considered legacy software so it will not be updated, but there has been no mention of us taking it away.

I do apologize for the number of issues we have been facing the past few months. Between the migration of our server, and numerous smaller errors that keep popping up, we do understand your frustration. We do understand the impact of everything and again we apologize.  

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.