Sie is not showing as secure with cloudflare

• Problem
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Acknowledged
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Resolved

For months site showed as secure. Over the last week or so it now shows "!" instead of a padlock with a message stating that connection is not fully secure. I didn't change anything at Cloudflare. 

Using Chrome the site is also telling me "Unsecured content blocked" and that the site is trying to load scripts from unauthenticated sources. 

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 2,726 Points 2k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 44,662 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello Steve!

From what I can see on my end, it is because the site was last published from Sitebuilder Desktop. I know you had gotten it secure using Desktop before, but you are the only customer I have seen that was able to do that. At this point, it does seem like that has stopped working. To test, I published your site from Sitebuilder Plus and the padlock returned. I do have to warn that if you choose to publish this site via SBD again, it is likely that the site will show as un-secure again.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

Thank you Elyzabeth. I appreciate your help with getting the padlock back.

I have a few questions about Sitebuilder Plus. If I choose to start using it, would I have to rebuild the entire website or can it be transferred over? What effect would Sitebuilder Plus have on the mobile friendly/compliant pages? Would I still need to use Cloudflare to maintain https compliance? Would the pricing be more, less or about the same (10% ether way)?

Thanks again.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Sitebuilder Plus is just an online version of the desktop program. They do have some differences, but overall they are the same. That being said, your same website will be available in SB+ that is in desktop. To be safe, you can go back into desktop one more time and upload your site. This will load what you have in Desktop into Plus. You will still use Cloudflare to secure the site and it will not be any additional cost.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

Please go ahead and switch me over to Sitebuilder Plus for all domains. Or do I have to contact someone different? Also, would I access the program through the Homestead site? Thanks again. 
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Nothing needs to be done on my end, you would just log in to your account at homestead.com, click on the Websites Manager tab, and choose the option Edit > Edit with Sitebuilder Plus.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

Thank you. You were most helpful.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.