Shipping Set up shows Warning in Control Panel

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I opened BC Shipping Configuration and noticed 'problem' warning next to all the methods. The  popup only says - 'the following methods may create conflicting shipping quotes'. We manually set our Shipping by Order Total and for domestic there are three methods and most international have at least two methods (ie 1st Class, Priority, Express).

It appears they look at these 'options' as 'conflicts' but since we had an issue sometime ago with 'to - from range', I am not certain what they are referencing. I did a basic transaction and all the methods appear as they should, but the last time we had an issue it was a very specific condition that triggered it, so not sure what to address here (if anything).

Thanks,
Photo of S

S

• 6,760 Points 5k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good morning Sally,

I'll see what I can find out.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of S

S

Good Morning to you as well!

I appreciate you looking into it - could not find anything in BC and only noticed the issue this morning.

While you are looking into that, could you please see if you can find info about the template (homewares - brown) - they are showing 'an update to new version' and was wondering if we should do it or not (could not find info about the update - fix a bug or software update?) (we've had a major change in mobile stats/orders since March/April, so curious what this is addressing).

Hope the weather hasn't been too fierce for you - Have a great day!

Sally
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I love this weather.  I am planning on skiing some more this week.  Arapahoe Basin is still getting new snow.

Drew
Photo of S

S

:) ...snow good (tornadoes not so good). Have FUN!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Sorry Sally, I forgot to reply again.  This is normal.  Bigcommerce has added that message simply to let you know that there is more than 1 shipping method that can apply.  They tell me that there are no errors and all your shipping charges should be correct according to your tables.

Drew
Photo of S

S

Thanks Drew -

Somewhat came to this conclusion but thank you for verifying it is normal (however, based on this, I would never know if there was a 'real or valid' issue). Shipping is only set up as various Methods for specific countries (ie 1st Class; Priority; Express) - so under the current BC configuration, they are showing 'errors' crossing over Methods rather than errors within specific Methods. (just saying)

Hope the skiing was good!

Sally

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I agree and have already mentioned this to them.  I hope they will see it can be a confusing message.

It was.  Probably my last day of the year.

Drew
Photo of S

S

Thanks!

(odd...I am in the community via the e-mail link, but wanted to view my profile and it is asking me to 'log-in' but it is not allowing me to)  :(
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Anytime.  When trying to view the profile, you will often need to re-authenticate, but the login should be the same as what you use to log in to your Homestead account.

Drew
Photo of S

S

OK...was able to log-in but only through Homestead rather than in profile...oh well.

I was looking for a post regarding 'template update' notification in BC - can't seem to find it - I will create a new post (if you need to separate the subject matter, please do (they seem somewhat related to me).

As always, Thanks!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I don't see a topic on template update from you either.  Please do post in a new topic and we will be happy to help.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.