shipping prices not adding up

• Question
  • Updated 2 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Does anyone know if when you are using Shippo as your shipping platform, that it should add up the items and price by total weight, not per individual package? For example today I had a customer want to order 6 wax melts. It was quoting her shipping at around $18. When I went directly to Shippo and entered the weight and dimensions it was $8. I ended up having to ring up the sale outside of my store to get the sale. :( Any way to get it so that multiple packages are added up as shipping in one package, not several individual packages? Thanks!
Photo of Michelle8095

Michelle8095

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 2 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,378 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I was able to see that it does initially quote a higher amount because you have the shipping rate set to charge per product. However, even though it initially shows that shipping price at the end of the order process it does allow you to choose your shipping from shippo and it overrides any pre-determined shipping costs. If you go to the shipping rate settings and set it to flat rate this will avoid displaying any shipping till the end to avoid confusion. 
Photo of Michelle8095

Michelle8095

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you! I will give that a try!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,378 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
You are welcome. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.