SFTP Service

• Idea
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Under Consideration
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

With the loss of FTP services has any thought been given to your firm using SFTP?
This is the Secure File Transfer Protocol which encrypts data from user to server.
I think this would be a great service to all clients.
Photo of Tegiro

Tegiro

• 492 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Chris Folmer

Chris Folmer, Alum

• 28,258 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tegiro,

Thanks for posting!

That is a great idea. I turned your question into an idea so other people can also agree with it. I've also forwarded to our product and dev team to look into.

Thanks again!

Chris
Photo of Tegiro

Tegiro

Hello Chris,

I'm still struggling

I'm still struggling to upload a long list of files to my site.
Since my last message has there been any new thoughts on the SFTP process?

Thanks,
Tegiro
Photo of Angela W

Angela W

• 6,540 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Sorry for the delay in response Tegiro. We are still evaluating this idea.

Thanks for the great idea!
Photo of JCBling

JCBling

• 2,464 Points 2k badge 2x thumb
Wow! What a great idea. I upload about 300 pages a month.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
For right now, the best way to upload a large number of files is via the File Manager screen. Here is a link showing how to access it. https://community.homestead.com/homes...
Photo of Bryon7394

Bryon7394

• 912 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Yea one file at a time this service really needs to move forward. Really poor dropdown menus, no FTP, very cheesy websites. I hate I started with you guys my website looks like a newbie because I'm so limited and your html code is full of errors
Photo of Tegiro

Tegiro

As I presented this suggestion a long time ago I really think the company should firm up their response with a YES or a NO!
Five months is a reasonable time to look at this and make a decision.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Tegiro, Under normal circumstance I definitely agree that 5 months is an adequate amount of time to implement, or at least make a yes or no decision.

Unfortunately there have not been very many new releases over the last few months due to some major changes. Most people still have not heard, but Homestead is no longer owned by Intuit. Homestead is now owned by a company called EIG (Endurance International Group), who is a major player in the web site hosting industry. We are currently in the process of upgrading and consolidating many of our products and services and moving certain systems to different platforms. This is a major undertaking and will take several months to complete. Once all of our systems are updated or moved to the new platforms and servers, you will very likely see changes and updates occur much more rapidly.

As for now, you can already upload mass number of files via the file manager and it's actually just as easy, as using an FTP client. Here is a link to a short video show how quick and easy the steps are. http://www.homesteadcommunityhelp.com...

If this post helps, please give a "Star" and complete this survey to rate me.

Thanks!

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.