Separate drop down button. How can I create a separate drop down button to place anywhere on my site? It is not part of the naviga bar.

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I want to create a button with one category of service I offer.  When someone clicks on it, the list of various services related to that category would drop down in a list.  How can I do this on Website Builder?
Photo of MarthaElin5200

MarthaElin5200

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,770 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
You can add a new navigation menu (with one button) just about anywhere.  What I think you will have to do, though is create those dropdown pages just as regular pages then drag them under the navigation button name you want to use- just like you would create one in the main menu.
Photo of MarthaElin5200

MarthaElin5200

• 190 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thank you so much!
Do I get the pages by creating +Add page?  And then slide each one underneath the button each relates to?

Photo of Lynn1286

Lynn1286, Champion

• 5,770 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Yes- that's how you get the 'drop down'  Good luck!!

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 12,728 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hello MarthaElin,

Drop-down menus are only able to be applied to the navigation menu. Unfortunately, there is not a way to create a button, separate from the navigation menu, that has the drop down feature. This will need to be created with a 
HTML code and place that on the site to allow that function. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.