SEO

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

How do I create Headers in Intuit websites? I am trying to setup SEO and it says I dont have H1, H2, H3, H4, H5, or H6. How do I get these? Also How do I create a robots.txt file? and how do you create an XML sitemap? And last how do you make the website Mobile compatible?

Thanks, I am having a very difficult time setting all this up and would love any help that I receive. Thanks so much.

Brandon
Photo of Brandon

Brandon

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The headers can be added in HTML, either in an HTML box or in the Page settings advanced section, under Head.

You can Google how to generate a sitemap. There are many tools out there that will do it for you.

We have a partnership with Dudamobile available through your Websites manager, before you hit edit site. You should see a mobile phone icon there. You can also investigate GoMobi.com.

Thanks

Drew
Photo of kc9658539

kc9658539

• 132 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi Brandon,
You can create Headers using the Page settings advanced section called Heads. The headers can be added in HTML either in an HTML box or in the Page settings.
You can go to webtools.live2support.com/se_robots.php to learn how to create a robots.txt file. The easiest way to create an XML sitemap is to go to www.xml-sitemaps.com/‎ and it will walk you through the necessary steps. And as for the mobile website Homestead has partnered with Dudamobile. Dudamobile is available through your Websites Manager before hitting edit site. There you should see a mobile phone icon and you just click on it and it will guide you through the steps. If you get confused I will be more than happy to help you. My personal website is kc965@ymail.com and my business website is www.kayspcandwebdesign.net. I can be reached at either place. Hope this helps!
Kay
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Great answer! Thanks for helping out on the Community!
Photo of Roland2072

Roland2072

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
quick question here: I am attempting to do the same thing but using the html box my h1 line of text comes up as double spaced. I was able to create an h2 for the 2nd line which brings it closer but I really would like it single spaced between the lines of text.

ie.

SouthTek Survival is the ultimate one stop destination for Survival Skills, Threat Assessment, Preparedness, Emergency Supplies and Survival Kits, and DIYS Strategies! Get Your Lifeline When Disaster Hits!

comes out looking like this:

SouthTek Survival is the ultimate one stop destination for Survival Skills, Threat Assessment, Preparedness,

Emergency Supplies and Survival Kits, and DIYS Strategies! Get Your Lifeline When Disaster Hits!

Code

SouthTek Survival is the ultimate one stop destination for Survival Skills, Threat Assessment, Preparedness,
Emergency Supplies and Survival Kits, and DIYS Strategies! Get Your Lifeline When Disaster Hits!

How can I make it single space?
will doing it like this as an h2 for second text line affect the seo read of the h1 text?

I am going to take some courses this fall and ultimately want to move into CSS3 but that is above my head at this moment
Photo of Roland2072

Roland2072

• 300 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Ironically it looks fine here so not to worried about the first question unless using 2 head tags will screw up the seo
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Roland2072, This is a little beyond what we are allowed to support. YOu may want to visit, or post to this thread, https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Or, If you are needing some help with the whole SEO process perhaps this link: https://community.homestead.com/homes...

Mike
Kay your business site says its disconnected
Photo of kwyatt2434525

kwyatt2434525

• 60 Points
yes it is I am redesigning a new site and it is going to be www.kayspcandwebdesign.org when it is finished. It should be up and running by tomorrow morning. Thank you, though. If you need any of my assistance or need my services my phone number is {252}228-0330. Eastern Standard Time
Kay

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.