Sent emails are not going into the "sent" folder!

• Problem
  • Updated 5 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive. If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it. You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I keep getting an error message, saying that while the messages are being sent, they cannot be placed into the sent folder. More importantly, people are unable to send me emails, saying that my inbox is full. I have deleted about 400 emails and the problem still exists.
Photo of Jonathan1328

Jonathan1328

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • Angry--losing business.

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Jonathan1328,   That is a sign that your email quota is full.  Log into your email using the web-mail application here: http://email.homestead.com

Once you are logged in look in the lower left hand corner and it will show you if you quota is full.  The first place you will generally want to start deleting emails is from the sent folder and the trash folder.  Usually after people empty out those two folders they have plenty of space.

If this does not solve your problem, let us know.

Mike

Photo of Jonathan1328

Jonathan1328

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Okay, it was full, even though I deleted a bunch yesterday.  I have some space now, thanks.  As far as the ones that bounced back, there's no way to retrieve those, right?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
It depends on the sending server. Some servers are set to reattempt deliver for a certain period of time. You could potentially see a few trickle in, but most of them probably won't.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.