Security warning logging in to webmail 4/11/2016

• Announcement
  • Updated 4 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

We are aware that logging in to webmail is generating a security warning. Engineers are working to identify and resolve the issue ASAP. If you receive a warning from your browser, you may click on the advanced link and proceed to your email as normal.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 3,624 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problem logging into email.

When I try to log into the Homestead Open-Exchange email server I get the following response from Google.

Your connection is not private Attackers might be trying to steal your information from emailmg.homestead.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

I am using the Chrome browser. In the address bar the HTTPS is red and is crossed out with a red bar.

Suggestions?
Photo of Robert7475

Robert7475

• 972 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled *.homestead.com certificate expired... how to i revalidate?.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

As always, thanks again Drew.
Photo of Barbara0145

Barbara0145

• 430 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Doing so states its unsafe!! I can't afford for my business computer system to be hacked!!!
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

I don't belive there's any hacking going on. It's just your basic system-wide certificate problem and if you think about it, that's better than someone trying to attack your computer. I'm sure Homestead will apply a fix ASAP. I was able to access my email using the Proceed to emailmg.homestead.com (unsafe link with no problems and my malware and anti-virus programs showed nothing funny going on. 
Photo of Robert7475

Robert7475

• 972 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Thanks, Drew!
Photo of Thomas6796

Thomas6796

• 60 Points
It will not let me get past the security warning even when I use the advanced feature. None of the browsers will allow it... I am unable to login to email completely.
Photo of Barbara0145

Barbara0145

• 430 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Us either. Now my password is incorrect. I tried logging in to see what my employees are seeing, they still can't get to their email.
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

Wow! That was fixed fast. Everything seems to be up and running again. Thanks again.
(Edited)
Photo of Matthew5998

Matthew5998

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Fixed now. Thank you!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Official Response
Everything seems to be working correctly now. If you still have a problem logging in then we will need to identify exactly what is happening. Let us know if you still see any issue
Photo of MrsBryant8

MrsBryant8

• 130 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I can log into my email on Homestead, but I can't pull it into Thunderbird. I pull all my various emails into Thunderbird on my home computer. This is the only one erroring. Am I supposed to be using IMAP instead of POP? It was working fine until today....

(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You can use POP or IMAP. The correct settings for both can be found in this topic.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_do_i_setup_an_email_client_to_check_my_homestea...
Photo of Julie8243

Julie8243

• 1,390 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I'm able to log in but the url is still showing the "https:" as being crossed out with a red line
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Have you cleared your browser history? This issue was resolved and I have logged in to several emails yesterday and today without seeing a warning.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.