RSS Feed

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have a APP that is linked to my account, and I'm wanting to link my Blog to the APP... However it's asking me for the RSS FEED URL for the blog. How do I find the RSS FEED URL? Any help is greatly appreciated.
Photo of John8404

John8404

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hello John8404,

Below is the link/url for your blogs RSS feed.

It's pretty long so just make sure you copy & paste the entire url.

Thanks!
Mike

http://www.thetruthbowl.com/~site/Scr...
Photo of Karen7476

Karen7476

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have the same question. How can I get my RSS feed?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Hi karen... here is the URL to your blog feed: http://www.humane-connections.com/~si...
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Official Response
For anyone looking to find their Blog Feed URL, the easiest way is to use the Firefox web browser. Just go to your live website's blog page. Then, click the Bookmarks link on the top menu followed by, Subscribe to this page>Subscribe to recent entries (RSS).

Thanks for the questions!

Mike
Photo of Azubike7967

Azubike7967

• 194 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Aubrey T

I have Sitebuilder Plus and unable to emed a rss feed. Can you help?

Note: This topic was created from a reply on the An RSS feed for your blog--Intuit says the have it but they do not. topic.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
RSS Feed.
Photo of Bob1065

Bob1065

• 914 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Basically, I would like to feed some news into my website from various sources. Do I just get the RSS code and insert it into an html box? Same question with feeding in a blog from wordpress.

How can I put an RSS feed on my website?.
Photo of Bob1065

Bob1065

I don't think we have the answer to the question, which is how to add an rss feed to our websites? Bob1065 asked the question very succinctly. I remember at one point Homestead did have that feature, then discontinued it. The question of how to find the rss url was answered, but not how to add the rss feed to our web pages.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

Right Bob1065, this thread is for how to find the RSS feed url for a homestead blog. It sounds like you are wanting to do the opposite and add a 3rd party feed to your site. The SiteBuilder currently does not have this feature but there are methods of doing so. My advice would be to do a Google search for "add an RSS feed to website" and you will see dozens of results and YouTube videos showing you all of the methods. You will likely have to use a 3rd party service and then paste code into your site.
Photo of Bob1065

Bob1065

Oh, I just realized I'm Bob1065! Wow, I am confused.
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Bob1065,

Sorry for the confusion -

Sitebuilder Plus does not have the RSS feature, in order to add an RSS feed to your site, you'll need to use a 3rd party html widget such as Surfing-Waves.com

If you don't like that specific one, you can always do a google search for something along the lines of rss feed html widget for my website and use any other you find.

Hope this helps clarify, please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Ehsan
Photo of Eric5226

Eric5226

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Can readers subscribe to be notified for blog updates.

I would like to let people know when I've posted new blog info rather than just have them check back on occasion.
Photo of info6271

info6271

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Subscribe to blog.

Okay, JUST learning all this.

I have created a blog on our site....and I understand Intuit does not have capabilities of an RSS feed, BUT, is there a way to automatically send out an email notification right when a blog is posted?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

See the top response above. It shows you a way to find your RSS url if someone wants to set up a feed. Unfortunately we don't have a system to send update emails.

Mike
Photo of rowdydog8071

rowdydog8071

• 126 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How do you make it so people can subscribe to your blog?.

Most blogs have a subscription button allowing readers to subscribe and get notifications when the next post is up. How do you do that with this blog?
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

The blog itself doesn't have a subscribe feature but depending on how the viewer wants to receive the feed, they can get the RSS url by following the steps above and plug it into their RSS feed reader (some email clients have RSS readers in them).
Photo of Tedia3946

Tedia3946

• 886 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Is Homestead going to consider adding a subscription option? I think that is a pretty important thing to be missing!
Photo of Tedia3946

Tedia3946

Can you tell me my URL for the feed?
Photo of Tedia3946

Tedia3946

I keep getting an error message saying that is not a valid feed... I was able to do it for my other site, and I came up with the same link as you provided, but can't upload it to where I need to enter the link without getting an error message.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Where are you trying to put it. Which site and page?

Drew
Photo of Tedia3946

Tedia3946

ABA blog list.... I think I found a way around the error message (I hope). Thanks for your help!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Excellent! Let us know if you do need anything

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.