RSS with Blog. No Storefront

• Question
  • Updated 5 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

In another post, it is mentioned that the Blog function of this site has RSS capability. I don't see that to actually be the case, so I'm wondering if I am just missing it somehow. 

If it is not an actual feature, can you please advise how I can allow people to follow my blog easily without me having to personally notify each time a post is made? 

I'd love to use the integrated blog versus learning Wordpress, but so far I'm not terribly impressed with it. An archive system and tags would be helpful, as well as search functionality. 

Thanks!
Photo of Sarah5434

Sarah5434

• 648 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 5 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sarah5434

If you go to the blog page in Firefox, then you can use the bookmarks tab to Subscribe to the page.  There are several different options there.

Drew
Photo of Sarah5434

Sarah5434

So someone would need to be using Firefox to be able to subscribe to my blog? 
It would be nice if there were a button they could just click right from the blog. 
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sarah5434,   To clarify, you basically only need to use Firefox to find the RSS feed URL.  Then once you have the URL, you can provide it to others and they can use that url in whatever RSS viewer they wish. It does not have to be FireFox.  If you need help getting the URL let us know. 

Mike 
Photo of Sarah5434

Sarah5434

Ok, I see what you mean now. I am unable to install Firefox on the computers available to me. If you are able to provide the link that'd be great. 

Or if I can do the same thing myself in Chrome or IE that'd work as those are both available at work for me. Thank you!
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,578 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sarah5434,  Are you needing help getting the RSS URL?  If so just post url for the site and blog page here and I'll get it for you. 

Mike 
Photo of Sarah5434

Sarah5434

Yes, please. Sorry I didn't post the site before. 

It's the Halsrud.Homestead.com/blog.html page of the halsrud.homestead.com site. 

Convenient that .homestead fits right in with what we're doing ;)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.