Roundcube - Not getting some emails that are being sent to two of my email addresses, but getting the forwards to another address.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have four email addresses attached to one of my domains and have for awhile. So far, have received all emails that I know of. And I have all for addresses set to Forward all emails to my verizon.net account. Tonight, I received forwards from two of the domain addresses and when I went to the Roundcube inbox for them, there were no emails. Meanwhile, I sent a test FROM the addresses to my verizon account which was received and then replied to them from my verizon account - which never showed up in the Roundcube inboxes. This could be very problematic for me. Please advise.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

• 674 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

For the register@ and member@ emails, which are the ones that I can see have no content in Roundcube, I would recommend resetting the password. It is possible these are connected to an email client that is pulling the emails from the server.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_to_i_reset_my_email_password
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Okay, I will try this. Thank you.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

is this because "register" and "members" are common email addresses? But with them attached to my domain, how can these be pulled by another domain?
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Can you explain what a password has to do with my emails being pulled by another domain?
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

My "register" email is the one not receiving anything I send it. But it does forward everything I send it.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Sorry, I wasn't saying it was being pulled by another domain. I am saying it is most likely connected to an email client like a phone mail program or outlook, which is pulling the emails from the server. Resetting the password would break that connection. It wouldn't have anything to do with the name of the email.
Photo of Paula5191

Paula5191

Okay, thank you. Well, I reset the password for my register email but it's still not receiving anything, although it is forwarding everything.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,876 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Can you try testing this again? I refreshed that email address and was able to see my test email in Roundcube.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.