Restore a deleted page?

• Problem
  • Updated 9 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

While working on my page, two of the same pages were showing in the drop down menu. Title was "Writings". I saved to file then deleted one of the two in the drop down menu. When I looked again, BOTH were gone. Is it possible to restore my deleted page?
Photo of ramah1449

ramah1449

• 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 10 months ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 257,404 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Let me see if I can get it for you.
Photo of ramah1449

ramah1449

That would be wonderful. I am thinking they all should be copied just in case this should happen again. Is there enough space to do that in the files?
Photo of Drew N

When did this happen? We have not found any page called writings.
Photo of Drew N

We found it. It has been restored.
Photo of ramah1449

ramah1449

WOW....Thank you Drew, again to my rescue!!...I really didn't want to redo all those links. About backing up files... Is it possible?
Photo of Drew N

You can save all you pages and files by following this topic, https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-create-a-backup-of-my-sitebuilder-plus-sit...

This will save your files, unfortunately, we can't permit you to upload the pages themselves if there is a loss. This is due to security issues if the code was manually edited.

You can save as each page with a new name and just leave it sitting on the site as a backup, but you would need to add a new page provision to accommodate all pages. You would also want to add a no follow to each of the backup pages so that search engines do not index them.
Photo of Pat0998

Pat0998

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I deleted a page after hours of work. Chose the wroing one. late at night. it is Employment Opportunities under presbyterianweekdayschool.org. I need some sleep! and to get that work back if possible.
Photo of Drew N

• 257,138 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
When was this done? Backups run over the weekend, so if the work was done during this week, I will not be able to restore it. If the page existed last weekend, we should be able to restore it to that state, until the end of day today, as it will run the new backup starting tomorrow.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.