Responsive Design

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archiving inactive content

I built out a new website with the new websitebuilder because I wanted a website that was, "Responsive" meaning that the page will adjust so that it appears to fully fill the screens regardless of the screen width, however, it's not working out.  It's fine on the screen in my home, but in my office, the page is much too large.  Any suggestions?  FYI - I have not published the site but am only working in the preview mode, perhaps that the problem?  Thank you.
Photo of James4562

James4562

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Les6064

Les6064

• 8,342 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hi James:

The problem could be the screen settings on your office computer is different than you home computer.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 34,902 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello James,

In that newest builder, you will see two vertical guidelines. It is recommended to keep the majority of your content within those guidelines, since that is the width that most devices will be able to see. A responsive site will fit the content as best it can with whichever screen size the website is pulled up on, but it isn't necessarily going to shrink or condense the elements if the screen is not as wide as the website was built. The screen you built the website on was most likely a wider screen. I would recommend going into the builder and editing your site to mostly fit within those two vertical guidelines.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.