Reports of websites being down

• Question
  • Updated 6 months ago
  • Doesn't Need an Answer
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

We are currently aware of some reports of down sites. Engineers are engaged and working to correct the problem as soon as possible. We are sorry for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,676 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 months ago

Photo of Laurel2181

Laurel2181

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled WEBSITE NOT LIVE!!!!!.

MY WEBSITE IS NOT LIVE!!!!!!!! I MUST HAVE THIS FIXED IMMEDIATELY
MY DOMAIN IS WWW.THEBRIDALSUITEOFLOUISVILLE.COM
Photo of Kate0856

Kate0856

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Nione of my sites will load, either on my pc or my phone. "This site can’t be rea....
Photo of Jamie2888

Jamie2888

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Homestead not loading.

It is 8:10 pm CST on 12/22 and I cannot load any of my pages, it says error connection was reset and other times it just spins and never says anything at all. The only only way to even get into homhomestead at all is by searching for and clicking on sitebuilder. What is up?
Photo of sandranewton698833

sandranewton698833

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My website not loading!.

My website is not coming up either. When can we expect this to be fixed?

www.castleblakkradio.com
Photo of Stacy6630

Stacy6630

• 310 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My website will not load . .. site cannot be reached . . . shows up when searchi....

Website will not load?
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,864 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
My sites are down also.
Photo of Call Me Ozz

Call Me Ozz

• 3,678 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Why is my website down???.

Several people have tried to go to my website tonight for information and they are getting a message there is no connection. Last time I checked I paid the bill.
Www.callmeozz.net
Photo of sandranewton698833

sandranewton698833

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Are we going to be getting an account credit for this downtime?
Photo of Terry4317

Terry4317

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My business website is not loading so people can't pay me!.

My website is not loading. I have customers try to get online to pay me and the website will not load. I tried my self and the website is not loading. WTF? FIX IT !
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 40,396 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Reports of Customers Unable to Load Website Builder.

We are investigating reports of the Website Builder editor showing an error when launching. We apologize for the inconvenience and will resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Update 1:30pm(MST): This issue has been resolved
Photo of Terry4317

Terry4317

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
No it has not!  www.seacoastinspections.com it no coming up
Photo of Jamie2888

Jamie2888

It certainly isn't coming up.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am seeing sites coming up now. Can you all check your sites please?
Photo of Kate0856

Kate0856

• 214 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My sites are now loading.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Happy to hear it!
Photo of Jamie2888

Jamie2888

My site is loading now.  Thanks!
Photo of Tina8511

Tina8511

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
My websites are working online, however SiteBuilder will not open on my desktop.  Is this portion still down?
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 39,694 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
We do not have any current issues with Sitebuilder loading. Are you referring to the downloadable Sitebuilder? If so, I would highly recommend not using that anymore. It is very old and outdated, and not supported anymore. It is recommended to use Sitebuilder Plus, as that doesn't have the compatibility issues that the downloadable program has.
Photo of Joshua2161

Joshua2161

• 3,864 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Tina- I'm not having problems with Sitebuilder Desktop currently so it may be an issue on your machine.  Restart?

Elyzabeth - I have shared with Drew (and suggested that he share with others/higher-ups) that the reason that I still use Homestead is specifically for the functionality of Sitebuilder Desktop and the File Manager that is not available with Websitebuilder and Sitebuilder Plus.  My sites are now built on another platform entirely, but are uploaded via Homestead.  I'm not sure of other peoples' reasons for staying on the Sitebuilder Desktop program but I can tell you that I "test drove" both Sitebuilder Plus and Websitebuilder, and while there are many vast improvements, overall, the new programs did not suit my needs like Sitebuilder Desktop did/does.  In addition to needing the File Manager, I very much prefer an offline builder, and that is what I have now, but with a completely fresh and mobile-friendly design, in addition to tools offered by Sitebuilder Desktop that are not offered by it's successors, like expanded form functionality.   If/when the File Manager becomes unavailable, I will move to another File Manager host.  At $60/mo, that's a chunk of change Homestead would lose, and I'm just one person.  I also told Drew a few months back that I was quoted a monthly charge significantly less than I am paying to Homestead, by Bluehost (I think it was)... I have, to date, chosen not to move yet because I don't want the hassle of transition if it's not absolutely necessary.  There's also a wee bit of loyalty to Homestead -- I've been a customer since the late 90s.  But I very much encourage the powers that be to reconsider moving away from the File Manager and offline builder application.  FWIW!
Photo of Tina8511

Tina8511

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Yes, this issue is with the downloadable Sitebuilder and it was working just fine last week and now it won't open at all.  I have restarted my computer multiple times in case it was a problem but that did not resolve the issue.  All of my other programs are working fine.  When I try to open Sitebuilder, it goes thru the initial "Launch" pop up box and then nothing. The pop up box disappears and the program does not open. For fun, I logged into my Homestead account online and downloaded Sitebuilder onto a different computer and it launched just fine. Only problem is, our new business website which was ALMOST finished was not there, nor were any of the files. I had not published any pages in the site yet as I was making too many changes to it.  I am assuming all of the work on the website is stored only on the local computer that I was creating it on and not shared within my overall account?  And the question still remains of why I cannot open Sitebuilder on the initial computer
(Edited)
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

Yes, that is one of the downfalls of using that program. It is ONLY stored on that computer. I would try deleting the install and re-installing it. That might work. Honestly, as I've said, the program is older and outdated and really recommended not to use if possible.
Photo of Jamie2888

Jamie2888

Can't they make a new downloadable webstite builder?  For those of us with poor connections it would be a huge help.
Photo of Robert7812

Robert7812

• 286 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
One of my websites (yorkny.org) is not loading.
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

That site is loading fine on my end. Is it still not working for you?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.