Reports of customer sites down 9/29/2017

• Announcement
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • (Edited)
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived as resolved

We are aware of reports that some customer sites are experiencing intermittent down time. The DNS service used for Homestead sites is experiencing network connectivity issues which is affecting the ability to route traffic to customer sites. Our engineers are available to assist our partner in any way possible. You may follow their status here, https://www.opensrsstatus.com/

We are sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

10:30am MDT: Our partner lists the issue as fully resolved.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Community Manager

• 259,220 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Dorothy5110

Dorothy5110

• 156 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My web site has disappeared from Google???
What has happened
pls let me know

How do I reach a person at Homestead ????
Photo of Nanette3089

Nanette3089

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled get it fixed cannot publish what I spent hours creating!.

get it fixed cannot publish what I spent hours creating!
Photo of Penelope0706

Penelope0706

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled What is wrong with my website connection?.

What is wrong with my website connection? I was able to publish my page change but I cannot access it via the web which means no one else can either.
Photo of Michael8668

Michael8668

• 614 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled FIX IT PLEASE..

for an expensive, outdated platform, y'all picked the wrong night to be out of service. no warning for users whatsoever. this is inexcusable.
Photo of Peter5404

Peter5404

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Domain suddenly not working.

My website www.eslflow.com is suddenly not accessible in most parts of the world.
ie "www.eslflow.com’s server DNS address could not be found"
Photo of chappyarmywife0501

chappyarmywife0501

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Still down after 2 hours.

Still can't access my website after 2 hours of being down. I know it's in the wee hours of the evening but any timeframe on when this will be fixed?
Photo of geoff0115

geoff0115

• 296 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my site can’t be reached.

When people try to visit my site at the moment I am getting this error that my website is down, 

I have just check some other sites that I have with Homestead they are all coming up with the same thing

http://www.tttbeauty.com/
I have republished the site several times to see if this would help I have no idea on how to fix this problem

This site can’t be reached
The webpage at http://www.Bodyengineering.Co/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_NAME_RESOLUTION_FAILED
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated
Photo of Sheilla8233

Sheilla8233

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website down?.

My website www.kc4-hhorse.com is down. I can get the manager to come up but the site is not reachable. When can we expect the site to be fixed and back online?
Photo of Diana8111

Diana8111

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Server not found Firefox can’t find the server at www.zajaddiegyptianarabians.co....

I got a message after working on my website all day that the server cannot be found. I am using Google and Firefox to pull it up but both give this message: Server not found Firefox can’t find the server at www.zajaddiegyptianarabians.com. Check the address for typing errors such as ww.example.com instead of www.example.com If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection. If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.  What is the problem? 
Photo of Marcelo1025

Marcelo1025

• 402 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled www.interpreterprep.com’s server DNS address could not be found..

Unable to access website. When trying to do so this message appears: www.interpreterprep.com’s server DNS address could not be found.
Photo of kathryn4603

kathryn4603

• 1,038 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled website not responding again.

Second Error Alert 
Your Web site is still not responding

URL: http://www.homefromhome-sicily.comTime: Fri Sep 29 00:29:53 GMT-05:00 2017Error Type: Host Not Found
Photo of Marc9221

Marc9221

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I have 3 sites hosted by Homestead and all are DOWN..

DNS error for past couple of hours. I assume at this point nobody at homestead is aware of the problem or working on it.
Photo of Iain2550

Iain2550

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Looks like the homestead support is not aware that all out websites are offline.

Looks like we are affected and out websites cant be found. Not good at all as my business is now offline. We have to wait till homestead support opens, as they probably not aware of the problem. Regards. Iain
Photo of Paul1439

Paul1439

• 454 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website Down.

My Website www.dukesmeadowspark.com cannot be found on any browser and homestead emails associated with the site are down aswell
Photo of Sandra0802

Sandra0802

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Getting "server cannot be found" message when I try to get to my web site SayItWi....

At least 2 hours now and still getting "server cannot be found" message at SayItWithFavors.com
Photo of Declan7037

Declan7037

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled EMAIL Problem.

I cannot send email from my Outlook 2013. I am getting a error message of "Cannot find email Server. Verify the Server information in your account properties. When I do this and try to send test email. I get and error "The Server responded. 451 Temporary Local Problem
Photo of Peter5404

Peter5404

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Website down for many hours.

Many Homestead websites have been offline for many hours and no response from Homestead. Clearly, they have no clue what is going on or are in total denial.
Photo of Desiree3755

Desiree3755

• 594 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Problems again!!!.

All of my clients have delivery services where people place orders online and are freaking out asking me to do something.  There is no way of getting a hold of anyone at Homestead and in the meantime I have 100 delivery businesses around the US that can't receive orders.  There have been nothing but problems since they changed the platform even though it was outdated.  At least it worked.  
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my wbsite page cant be found on my browser.

my website cant be found on the web .....is the server down?
Photo of Anastasis9098

Anastasis9098

• 418 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled My Website is down.

my website www.thephotobooth.gr is down. Any ideas? When the issue will be fixed?
Photo of Goran2603

Goran2603

• 98 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled my web site page cant be found on my browser???r???.

My web site page cant be found on my browser.All my domains are not working:
mmhospitalhigena.com ,mmhospitalhigiena.biz and mmhospitalhigiena.info
Photo of Iain2550

Iain2550

• 120 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
This is an update that I got from my question - Dear Support Will emails that have not reached us be qued as clients are not able to email us and I have received a number of complaints by the telephone. REgards. Iain 

And the response was -- I am sorry, but probably not. As this is a DNS issue which affects the routing of traffic, these messages are not able to reach our mail servers, so we are not able to queue them. If the sender's server is configured to queue failed deliveries and attempt to resend later, then you may receive them once the DNS is resolving correctly.
Photo of Michael8668

Michael8668

i was expecting some 15-20 email messages from reporters across the state of maryland last night (I work media). i tend to get them between 9pm and later. i received none. its already 6:54AM here in the east coast.  i sent test emails to mine and they never made it to me. what's being done with that issue?
Photo of Drew N

Michael8668, there is only one issue with the DNS provider. DNS is responsible for all traffic online. It takes your domain name and routes it to the appropriate IP address for both websites and email. When DNS is not resolving the Internet is not able to equate the domain name with the appropriate IP address. An update was posted a few minutes ago that they are showing improvement on the connectivity issue causing the problem.
Photo of Michael8668

Michael8668

3rd email test finally arrived but it took 6 minutes
Photo of Kurt3970

Kurt3970

Have not seen email for some time (since yesterday). Your partner who said the problem is fully resolved may not be correct.  Does anyone have an idea when this is going to be fixed? 
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Kurt3970, This issue is indeed resolved. I do see the issue you are having. ICANN has suspended your domain. Please read the topic linked below for the explanation of why, and how to fix it.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information
Photo of Kurt3970

Kurt3970

Thanks for getting back to me!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.