reported expired certificate

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Starting last night, I can't send emails form my homestead account because the certificate apparently expired. I told the email program to ignore the certificate to keep moving, but that negates most security. What's up???
Photo of leo9794

leo9794

• 70 Points

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Sorry about the certificate error. You are correct you can bypass the error message by checking the box shown below.

If it's causing any problems, you can access your mail at https://mail.homesteadmail.com/zimbra/ without getting the message.
Photo of TechWtr

TechWtr

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I started getting this as well, right after they fixed the email server problems on Sept. 17. It's still occurring.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
For now just click the box as shown. You may or may not get this depending on which server your email is on. Our admins are aware of this and working on it.
Photo of TechWtr

TechWtr

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I'm still getting a "This certificate is not valid (host name mismatch)" error as noted earlier in this thread, the error started occurring back on Sept. 17. The certificate is issued by COMODO SSL CA.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I will check into this, but it may be Monday before we have an answer for you.

Drew

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.