removing website from public

• Question
  • Updated 8 months ago
  • Answered
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: How do I unpublish a page I created?

How do I unpublish my website? I don't want to delete my account or website, but I don't want it visible right now- I am trying to cut down on my business.
Photo of Janelle0571

Janelle0571

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 8 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 56,126 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can create a cover for your home page so the menu is not exposed. Post an explanation.
Photo of Charles E6889

Charles E6889

• 112 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
How do you create a cover for your home page ??
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You can upload an image that covers the page. You can insert a text box and expand it to cover what you want. You can color the text box to block the content using the text setting menu. Use your imagination.
Photo of Charles E6889

Charles E6889

What do you think about Homestead creating a link that everyone might use ? Maybe when customers go out of town, say on vacation !! Not all of us are experts !
Photo of Charles E6889

Charles E6889

You can call Homestead and ask them to make your site inactive ! You still need to keep your site paid up. When you are ready to start using your site again you go to web builder and publish the site !!           
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Just leave a message here that you want to suspend your site for a period of time and Drew or Todd will do that too. Creating a facade is the easiest way for you to control it yourself. I simple to do. Open a text box > "On Vacation, back on Dec 31st" > drag the corner to cover the page > select a background color from your text settings menu.
Photo of Charles E6889

Charles E6889

What is a facade ?? Hey Champion, it's simple for you because you know what your talking about ?!? Most of in the real world have jobs and have to work for a living !! That's why we need HELP !!
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 56,086 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You need to study you editing tools. Experiment with them and you'll learn allot!
fa·cade
fəˈsäd/
noun
  1. the face of a building, especially the principal front that looks onto a street or open space.
    synonyms:front, frontage, face, elevation, exterior, outside"a vinyl-sided facade"

• an outward appearance that is maintained to conceal a less pleasant or creditable reality.
      "her flawless public facade masked private despair"
      synonyms:show, front, appearance, pretense, simulation, affectation, semblance, illusion, act, masquerade, charade, mask, cloak, veil, veneer"a facade of bonhomie"

(Edited)
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 56,086 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
You can upload this Image to your file manage and place it on your home page. Expand it to the size required.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.