Remove default Facebook like

• Problem
  • Updated 5 months ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

I followed the instructions from the Sitebuilder Plus and inserted a Facebook like button however for some reason it automatically placed it over the page title and I can't see a way of removing that as it is invisible within Sitebuilder and it only shows after the page has been published. How can I rectify this either adjusting where it is positioned or removing the like icon entirely? 
Photo of MaurizioF

MaurizioF

• 288 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated!!!

Posted 5 months ago

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 58,654 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Right click the page title and use the image layering settings to bring the image forward. You may need to move the page title back to bring the facebook button to the front. You can then move the facebook image to the position you desire.
Photo of MaurizioF

MaurizioF

No, I had tried that before, I brought everything back and forward to see if I could see the wretched link but it's invisible. I even deleted that block to see if I could get to the Like object, nothing, it is invisible even on preview, it only appears on the page once it is published... grrrr

Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

HOW TO SEE ALL THE ELEMENTS ON A PAGE:
IN editor, Just try holding the CTRL key down and tapping A. This will highlight all the elements on the page. You should then be able to find the text box, click on it and delete.

You may have an element that's out of range. Try setting your page width to 1500. Use Page Settings > Background > Insert 1500 in the Page Width element > Save.
Depress the control key and press "A" to select all elements or right click your mouse and Select All. By doing this you'll have outlined all the elements. If an item is out of the range of your standard page width, you see it outlined. At this time you can select that one element and move it (unlock if needed) or delete it.
Photo of MaurizioF

MaurizioF

Tried all that.  Note it's on the title block where the default background image is.  I can see with ctrl+A the other Facebook link I have (which I can also see when I "Select All"  but try as I might I can't see that "Like" button, even by extending the page width.  Is there a way I can edit the HTML?  Sure to find it that way.  Thanks for the suggestions, don't mean to be rude, should have thanked before but it's doing my head in!
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Have you been able to left click space where the image should be to highlite the image?
Photo of MaurizioF

MaurizioF

I tried that too, I tried changing the background of that field in case it could become visible, tried moving and checking if there was something grouped, nothing, the Like is totally invisible.
Photo of MaurizioF

MaurizioF

RESOLVED!  It's a Chrome issue!  I opened the site builder on IE and it was visible. Should be reported to Homestead though as it is obviously a bug.  Thanks for your help
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

You know where it is. Would it be possible to select it if you move your foreground? It seems like if you click in the vicinity, your bound to hit it and light it up so you can drag it.
Photo of MaurizioF

MaurizioF

I was able to see it clearly on IE and therefore removed. It's a browser issue.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

Great news! Good work!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.