Received Email from Homestead confirming "recent account activity" and telling me that one Base Package was removed and another one added.

• Problem
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Acknowledged
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Just received an Email from Homestead confirming "recent account activity" and telling me that one Base Package was removed and another one added. I didn't do this, what is going on??
Photo of Marty6962

Marty6962

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Dave0619

Dave0619

• 60 Points
I just got the same thing. I also noticed my bill went up $3.00.
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

• 1,622 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yep...me as well.  And my bill increased $6/month for dreadful services.  Chat hours are 4:30 a.m. - 1:15 p.m. (what kind of customer service hours are these) and I stayed on hold with them for over 30 minutes with not a single person answering my call.  What is going on here?  And Homestead had better NOT delete my e-mail accounts and respond to this.
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

And now I just received this:

Here are the results of your recent bulk remove domain request:

Date Requested : 2016-11-04 17:07:42
Date Completed : 2016-11-04 17:08:04
Type of Bulk action : remove domain

Remove domain?  What is going on here?  This is my BUSINESS for goodness sakes.  I need an immediate response to this along with the $6 monthly increase.  I am furious.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,646 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
This a result of a price increase on hosting plans. I am very sorry if you missed/did not receive our email from October 3rd. Here is a copy of the email. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/coming-soon-homestead-website-builder-with-responsi...

Dave, I will look into this for you, as the price increase was supposed to be $2.
Photo of Naima7424

Naima7424

• 70 Points
This is NOT how business should be done with the Homestead making arbitrary changes and then this post of sorry if YOU DID NOT receive our email in October but oh by the way here is a copy. I never received such an email and my company runs on a budget. I WILL BE LEAVING AND GOING TO SQUARE SPACE it is cheaper and I've already switched one account over to square space this will force me to switch my last account over. Besides homestead is not compatible with Windows 10 I keep encountering errors.
I need confirm all price changes period and since I was not given that opportunity it means my business is not respected PERIOD! My money does not grown on trees nor is it available for Homestead to take at will in this reckless manner.
(Edited)
Photo of WaltRidenour

WaltRidenour

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

#  Base Package Added:
- Package Name: Website Gold Plus Package
- Payment Plan: Biennial
- Package Price: $207.99
- Prorated Price: $0.00

#  Base Package Removed:
- Payment Plan: Biennial
- Package Price: $159.99

This is the email I received and when I first saw it I got mad but after I read it and saw that it was for every 2year and it broke down to 2 a month increase no big deal , I think that is ok cause I never had a problem with you all.

Photo of lashgirl887378

lashgirl887378

• 114 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I received this same note regarding package change. I did not receive the email referred. Like you i will be moving on to another website builder. Too many non support issues.
Photo of Tony

Tony

• 312 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Agreed.  this is bad business
Photo of Frank0046

Frank0046

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I remember receiving an email from Homestead on10/3/2016 discussing their price increase.  Homestead is cutting over to a new server with HTML 5 coding, etc. that will incorporate not only your PC web design but a mobile design.  Basically, write it once and run it every where type of application no matter the device you use (i.e. laptop, phone, tablet). 

They also stated the new platform will go on-line in the next few months.  I am not sure of the date.  All I can say is we will all be redesigning our websites from scratch when Homestead decommissions their old Web App design servers.  They plan to run their old web servers along with the new web servers for a specific time frame. 

Thus, the reason for the recent price increase.

Thx, Frank in PHX 
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

My price increase is $6/month which is absolutely outrageous and no prior notification was received.  Also, there appears to be Add-On's that I did not request so given your absurd live chat hours, when can this be addressed live-time?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ellnave, The increase should have been $2. Give me a a little time to see what happened in your case.
Photo of Tony

Tony

Who do I contact to discuss my bill?  Also, I should have a credit I'd like to have returned.  
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Ellnave, I see the package change, and you were increased $3, from $19.99 to $22.99. We are changing this back to $21.99 to reflect the $2 increase we had announced. Other than that, the last change in billing was an added email box in September. Once the change in price is corrected, it will reflect a $2 increase in the package. We are sorry for the confusion and the inconvenience.
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

Drew...the September e-mail address was removed a few weeks later.  My account indicates that my November bill will be $28.99, and increase from $22.99 which is still higher than before.  And three domains?  What does this mean as the e-mail from Homestead indicated that one was removed?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Please reply to my email, or create your own private conversation. I think I see what is happening.
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

Please tell me how to create a private conversation with you.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

We are closed now, but we will answer you on Monday. Click the link below.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-create-a-private-conversation
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

Drew...I'm struggling to find the new topic area in order to create a private conversation with you and it's taking too much time.  Can you do it from your end?  I need to get this domain/invoicing issue resolved. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I was able to remove the 2 email addresses you were not using from the billing. Everything on your account as of right now is in use. Do you see anything you don't want?
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

Drew...there were not two e-mail addresses but one that I removed in September.  This is alarming -- please let me know how to connect with you privately.  I cannot figure out how to start a new thread and make it private. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If you follow the instructions in this topic, https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how-do-i-create-a-private-conversation you will get me privately. Unfortunately I am not able to create it for you and invite you in. You need to create it. That is just how the software works.
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

Drew...this "link" takes me to an instruction page followed by a host of unrelated e-mails.  This is beyond frustrating as I need to know what "two" e-mails you deleted.  You should not have removed any since I did for the one e-mail that was removed from my end as the account holder.  And, to make matters worse, I just received *another* e-mail from Homestead stating that one e-mail was removed.  I am hitting overload on this...
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

There are 4 pictures at the top of that topic that show exactly the steps to create the private conversation. I am sorry, I would do it for you if it would work, but it will not.
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

I tried it after multiple attempts.  Advise if you received it.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I did and have replied.
Photo of Frank0046

Frank0046

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
The price increase for me was $3 extra a month even though Homestead mentioned it was $2 per month.  It is not worth my time to chase down such a small charge difference.

Thx, Frank
Photo of Judy9719

Judy9719

• 60 Points
I just received a similar email and our cost went up $36 for the year, so $3 per month.  We never received any warning on this.  (I've used Homestead so long, I can remember when you had extended-hour phone support every day of the week.  Your availability for help was one of the reasons I recommended you to clients.  Now, I see Chat is only available for a limited number of hours.)
Photo of Tony

Tony

This is absolutely ridiculous that you can't speak to anyone regarding your bill.  Seriously considering finding a new provider.  I do not like having to go to a community blog to get answers.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It does seem that quite a few people did not see our email concerning this. We are truly sorry for that. I am looking into the changes that some of you have received.
Photo of Steve9712

Steve9712

• 94 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Mine went up $3 a month also on numerous accounts. I got the e-mail but feel this was poorly handled. Charging in advance for a service not out yet seems a bit sketchy
Photo of Tony

Tony

Drew I paid my account for the year in advanced at the price I was quoted, doesn't seem like good business to increase the price after one is quoted and paid in advance.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Tony, it looks like you are still on a monthly package. I can assist you with the billing. Please create a new topic and make it private.
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

And I just received this e-mail:

Here are the results of your recent bulk remove domain request:

Date Requested : 2016-11-04 17:07:42
Date Completed : 2016-11-04 17:08:04
Type of Bulk action : remove domain

I made NO changes today to anything but first receive an e-mail stating that my package has been deleted and that my monthly charges have increased $6/month.  And now a removal of my domain?!?  What is going on here?  I need an immediate response and Homestead had better not have touched my domain or my e-mail addresses.  And yes, I tried to respond to the e-mail but it was undeliverable. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I see 3 domains on 2 websites on your account. Is that correct? I also count a total  of 5 addresses in use.
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

Three domains?  And the 5 addresses are part of the package.  Can you e-mail me directly please?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Official Response
To those of you who saw the mistaken $3 increase. We have identified the issue and are repairing it. You will not receive another email when fixed, but you will see it reflected in your Homestead account.
Photo of Alannah3334

Alannah3334

• 1,034 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Thanks for the heads up Drew. I too, received a $3 increase so beetled over here to the forums to check on it. Glad to know it's being rectified and that I don't have to worry about it 'til 2018 anyway!
Photo of Joe9732

Joe9732

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was promised a lifetime $119 yearly fee as I was one of the earliest subscribers.  The email I received said my package will now be $143.  THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry for this. Let me look into this for you Unfortunately, I probably will not be able to answer until next week..
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry Joe9732, I have been out of the office for a while. I will have an answer for you soon.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Joe9732, Again, I am sorry for the delay. I have confirmed that your account was under the grandfathered groups and was increased by an error. I have reset the pricing and have refunded the additional $24 for you. It may take a few days to show on your account. I am sorry for the inconvenience.
Photo of Jen

Jen

• 60 Points
I also received an email:
#  Base Package Added:
 - Payment Plan: Monthly
 - Package Price: $7.99

#  Base Package Removed:
 - Payment Plan: Monthly
 - Package Price: $5.99
 - Prorated Price: $0.00 Credit

I was one of the early free accounts, and when Homestead went to a paid format, I had an "early bird" $19.99 year and was guaranteed an "early bird" $5.99/mo price.

Prior to this, the last email I received from Homestead was from 8/29.  Have never received mention of a price increase.

I've been a Homestead customer for over 15 years.  I've mostly been sticking with Homestead for loyalty, and to use the domain name hosting.  At what is now nearly $96 a year, I'm not sure it's worth it.
Photo of Naima7424

Naima7424

• 70 Points
Ha! Yeah I've been a subscriber for over 13 years and this provider is beyond expensive and not user friendly or value my dollars... I called in to learn how to cancel my account. I'm gone I have a new provider is less in cost like literally half the expense of homestead and offers the same features.
(Edited)
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Hi Jen, I am looking in to this for you, but if you are only domain hosting, we can change the account and save you money. Do you use Homestead for any sites?
Photo of hoffmanstoys3447

hoffmanstoys3447

• 1,074 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
I just moved my website from Yahoo since they sold out to Aabaco which was horrible.  I got the same email and I was paying $5.99 a month + another $4 for add'l pages and $2 for domain.  Why am I being charged for more pages since it is limit of 5 when I'm paying $4 a month for 20 more pages???? Also no reply from emails. This is getting disgusting that I just got everything changed over, built my pages and now increase on price.  I was only paying like $90 a year with Aabaco, course it didn't work well on my windows 7 and hope that I'm not going to have to move it again.  However I will if you can't explain to me why the increase due to the # of pages if I'm already paying for 20 more for $4 a month.  I only have like possibly 10 pages, 1 domain.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The basic package allows for 5 pages. That is what the $2/month increase was  on. It left the features of the plan the same. There is still a 5 page limit. The only change is that the entire account will be $2 more per month. You may purchase 10 additional pages for $2/month for a total of 15 pages. The $4 reflects 2 additional 10 page packages. Currently your site has 17 pages, hence the 2 additional 10 page packagaes. The price on those did not go up, only on the hosting package. Does that answer your question concerning the pages?
Photo of hoffmanstoys3447

hoffmanstoys3447

• 1,074 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Yes that explains it so the basic 5 pages went to $7.99 a month and with $4 for an extra 20 pages & $2 for the domain.....thanks
Photo of WaltRidenour

WaltRidenour

• 196 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

As you can see I been paying 159 every 2 years but now its 207 every 2 years that's 48  more divided by 2 is 24 dollars a year 24 divided 12 is 2 dolllars  I got enough space to last me a lifetime especially when you don't even understand half of it I admint I am dumb I I got unlimited wed sites and unlimited page well heres a list of everything I just don't see where its so expensive sure it is win you have to pay it but that's every two years that breaks down to approx. 8 and some change a month even with the 2 a month increase

Package Type:Website Gold Plus Package

Package Features

$207.99 / 2 years

Websites (Unlimited)

Pages (Unlimited)

Blog

PayPal Commerce

MB Storage Space (5120) | Total: (391 / 5120 Used)

GB bandwidth (100)

Domain (1)

Subdomains (10)

Email boxes (5)

Date Invoice Card Description Amount

09-14-15 26448326 VISA-8690 Credit Card Payment Received - Thank You $159.99

09-29-13 18120084 VISA-8690 Credit Card Payment Received - Thank You $159.99

09-29-11 11766235 VISA-6483 Credit Card Payment Received - Thank You $159.99

10-06-09 5318020 VISA-6483 Credit Card Payment Received - Thank You $159.99

09-30-07 2531088 VISA-0886 Credit Card Payment Received - Thank You $207.99

10-19-05 1237188 VISA-0886 Credit Card Payment Received - Thank You $46.75

09-30-05 1217080 VISA-0886 Credit Card Payment Received - Thank You $159.99

09-30-03 549194 VISA-0886 Credit Card Payment Received - Thank You $159.99

09-29-01 11528 Credit Card Payment Received - Thank You $59.99

Photo of Jonathan D.8280

Jonathan D.8280

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
How do I receive a credit for my incorrect billing?

We all have the power of choice here. Competition breeds quality. So please tell me why I shouldn't cancel service and seek out a more competitive price for similar services?

The fact that this happened without any warning is absurd and unacceptable in this age of technology and business. How do you plan to compensate me for this error?

Jon Logan
Jdlogan@logansafe.com
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am sorry if you did not receive the announcement. It was sent on October 3rd. Most people seemed to receive it, but quite a few said they did not. For that we do apologize. It was also announced here on the same day.

We do hope you will stay and try out the new builder, but unfortunately the price change on the account is correct.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.