Read this if you are missing contacts or calendar entries after the Roundcube conversion.

• Announcement
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

If you have been converted to Roundcube Webmail and you are missing contacts and/or calendar entries, it is most likely due to a very old password. Passwords that have not been changed in a very long time can't be read by the system and will not be able to carry over this data.

To be sure, please update all email passwords on your account so that  you are assured of all data moving. If you are already missing data, then update the password on each box that is missing data. After you have updated the password, you may provide the affected email addresses to us and will will rerun it for you.

You may post the email addresses in this topic, or you may create a new private topic if you wish to keep your emails private.

In the mean time, the OX webmail is still working. So if you need to see the data you do not yet have in Roundcube, you may log in to the Open Xchange Webmail using this link, https://emailmg.homestead.com/ox6/ox.html.

To speed up this process, please provide only the requested information. As always keep all comments productive and professional.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Julie8243

Julie8243

• 1,390 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Ellnave, Change is always hard, I get it & I've had my share of frustrations with this whole switch over, biggest problem was losing contacts & calendar & I'm pretty ticked off they didn't see this coming (they freaked out a LOT of people) so I'm glad they switched it back for now until they figure this out (sounds like firing the web developer might be in order here)....but understanding the new email system is not rocket science. You can figure stuff out eventually. It just takes time. I think the new system will be better in the long run but I highly doubt they have an entire "instruction manual" on how to navigate the enitre email interface. Not trying to be rude & I really have better things to do with my time than reply to this but your continuous demands & ranting could use a "chill pill". Life's too short.
Photo of Ellnave

Ellnave

• 1,622 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
No "ranting and raving," but rather basic expectations...that we be advised with sufficient notifications *before* any system changes occur, the steps that we should be taking beforehand to ensure that contacts, sent e-mail, and similar remain, and instructions for making the transition.  No one asked for an "entire instruction manual," however expecting every person to seamlessly be able to make this change is both unreasonable and unrealistic.  So...since we are all busy, do not respond to my requests for the aforementioned as this is Drew and his team that need to be doing so.
Photo of Valerie Adame

Valerie Adame

• 338 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I agree Ellnave.  It is not fair to assume that we all know the technical specifics. I had heard of CSV but never Vcard. Besides the email I received on 01 26 17 about the change coming on 01 30 17 was worded differently from what is posted above. My email said no changes would be needed at all. 

Dear Valerie,

We want to let you know about a change that will affect the way you use your Homestead email.

Your webmail software is being upgraded from Open Exchange to RoundCube. The upgrade will take place on 1/30/2017. Newly created email accounts are automatically being set up in RoundCube. No action is required on your part.

This upgrade to RoundCube brings a modern look and feel to your webmail experience and includes new features like email filtering and mobile friendly design.

If you have any questions you can find more details at our community at Homestead Community.

Sincerely,
The Homestead Team

And I change my passwords several times a year. Though they now say that has been one of the barriers, that was not stated in the "preparation" email.  No mention that we should ensure we had a newer password, or tips on how to back up your old emails and contacts prior to the attempted change.  All we are saying Drew, is that this is supposed to be the company's area of expertise.  It is not ours.  That is why we pay Homestead our hard earned money to run host our site and emails.  Because we don't know code and don't have servers. 
All we are asking for is to use your expertise to prepare us with critical steps in anticipation for the change.  Yes, we understand unexpected things happen and  upgrades don't go well.  But, you have backup email addresses for all of us.  You should be updating everyone, via email blasts, by the hour, if things aren't working and your projected timeline to fix.  This is what companies do to assure and keep their clients.

Since we must keep our businesses running, we are wasting precious hours to try to resolve the problem on our end, only to find out that we still had access to the old email system if we were given the link to OS you've provided above.  And now to find your scratching the upgrade temporarily.  I haven't received ANY emails from Homestead since the announcement on 01 26 17. Not one.  If only info to go back to using the OS log in could have been provided one or two days ago. You would not get these long, frustrated responses if we were given more info upfront, rather than discovering midstream as we are running our business that nothing works.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Again, this was not anticipated and has nothing to do with the email system itself. Due to the way data is stored the system needs to be able to read contacts and calendar entries. To do that it must be able to read the password. Some of the passwords can't be read. Those passwords are very old. Old enough that there are no test boxes that have the issue, nor do the vast majority of accounts. So, if you were converted and missed your contacts, then update your password. That is the only thing you should need to do.

The conversion does not delete or remove anything from the old system, so if a glitch does occur on some accounts, we will be able to look into it pretty easily. Right now that is all the information I can provide.
Photo of Daniel3786

Daniel3786

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Both my original email and the new one are all screwed up now. I am missing new emails, and sent messages, and all my files are showing old emails from 2013. I did a test emailing my account from another account and emails are not being sent nor received.  I've spent the last 3 days scrambling around trying to get an answer from a mod or tec to no prevail. There is legal action I am now looking into.

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I have been told that the issue of the conversion has been resolved and they are running some today. They plan on completing it next week. I have no way to request a hold on any accounts. The developers and mail administrators will start up again once they have confirmed the new procedure.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

They will not be running over the weekend
Photo of Daniel3786

Daniel3786

• 236 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
The new email upgrade is still all screwed up for me. I have changed my email address to a gmail address on my website so clients will be able to contact me. If the new system upgrade is not corrected to my satisfaction I will be looking into getting a complete refund of my subscription for my Homestead package. I have already found a much more reliable and better quality website builder Wix.com.  After being a loyal member of Homestead for at least ten years, I am extremely disappointed in how outdated Homestead has become. It is literally the dinosaur of website building.  
Photo of Ashley8432

Ashley8432

• 70 Points
I can't seem to log in to my email address at all. "Invalid credentials"... I have changed the password, this is just irritating. Where am I supposed to be logging in at?? ashleymchale@mybelovedrose.com is my email address. I have a domain name package. This constant switching from intuit to homestead to ox to everything else under the sun is starting to become annoying. Too many changes. Just keep things the same and simple. Good grief. Please send me an email to regalblackrose@hotmail.com when ya'll figure out what is going on.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Try updating your password and trying again. I was able to log in.
Photo of Carolyn3261

Carolyn3261

• 474 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
nope, "login failed"  but my old password still works. I still don't have any of my contacts.
Photo of Carolyn3261

Carolyn3261

I just went to change my OLD password AGAIN, and it was an invalid password.  So, apparently changing to a new password doesn't work. grrrrrrrrrr
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The system shows your password has not been changed in a while? Are you trying to change it from within Webmail? Please make sure to follow these instructions. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_to_i_reset_my_email_password

Your contacts have been moved.
Photo of Carolyn3261

Carolyn3261

I have reset my password in webmail.  But it is not working. When I go and use my OLD password it seems to work but not contacts. ....

Ok let me try it again! 

I click on homestead go and change me password (for the 5th time!)
click on webmail and it takes me to the old webmail and i put in my new password... IT WORKS! then it takes me to ROUNDCUBE WEBMAIL, where I need to login AGAIN! I put in my username and my NEW PASWORD... LOGIN FAILED!  I now can not get into my mail.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It does not seem you are in the correct place. My link above has step by step instructions. You must log into your Homestead account and click on the Email tab on the left. Manage your email accounts and then change the password there.
Photo of Carolyn3261

Carolyn3261

ok so i did that.... It does NOT recognize my NEW password ... LOGIN FAIL.... I put in my OLD OLD OLD OLD one and it works... it takes me to my mail,  And NOW I do have my contacts but I am using my OLD password.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

The only reason I can think of for this is if your new password does not meet the requirements. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/what_are_the_requirements_for_my_hmail_password

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.