Re name from site builder to web builder - don't want it to say on cloud

• Question
  • Updated 4 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

Hello.  My Webbuilder is now up and published.  I want my original website name that I had on Sitebuilder.  But I don't know how to switch the assigned "oncloud" site name to what it was before (without cloud). I can see the rename section when I first log in...do I just rename it as what it was, and is this free or will I be charged for renaming it (even though it's the original name)??  
Photo of Charlene0771

Charlene0771

• 518 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 7,068 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

You do not need to use the rename option. You need to change the site association for the domain name and attach it to you new site files which is under the name charleneelliott.homesteadcloud.com. Please follow these instructions to connect your domain to the new website. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_can_i_switch_my_domain_to_a_new_site_i_built. If you have any trouble id be happy to assist. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.