Purchasing G Suite

• Article
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • (Edited)
G Suite can be purchased by clicking on Email > G Suite > Login from Homestead.com or from the G Suite tab in the Homestead account

1. Click the “Add it Today” button from G Suite Marketing page.

2. If an account has multiple domains, select a domain from Domain drop down.
    (Up to 100 G Suite users can be added by clicking on + icon (Add an Additional Account) from top left.)
  3. Enter Email Address, First Name, Last Name (First, Last Name auto populated for first Admin account). Password is auto generated, non-editable, can be copied and changed later.

4. Purchase summary - Number of users and total price is shown on Confirmation page.
    Confirm Purchase by clicking the Submit button.

Note: Billing cycle is as per Hosting package (Monthly/Biannually/Annually/Biennial)

First Account created is an Admin account.

Additional users under the G Suite account can be created under account by clicking on “Add it Today” button from the Marketing page.

Clicking on “Go to G Suite!” takes user to Mail Central page which displays list of purchased G Suite accounts + users as well as Roundcube mailboxes

Photo of Homestead FAQ

Homestead FAQ, Employee

• 43,696 Points 20k badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Cindy9332

Cindy9332

• 210 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I'm having difficulty purchasing G-Suite.  I keep getting a message that says "There was an unexpected error while trying to add G Suite to your account. Please try again later"

Can you advise?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 37,432 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I apologize about this, at what step are you receiving the error? 
Photo of Cindy9332

Cindy9332

Good Morning,

The error message with purchasing G-Suite is coming after I hit the submit button confirming that I will be billed.

I would appreciate any help you can give.

Cindy Swain
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Thank you, I have gotten this reported and we are working on getting this error resolved. 
Photo of Cindy9332

Cindy9332

Thank you...I'll wait for follow up when issue is resolved.  I appreciate it.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No problem, I will let you know when I receive an update. 
Photo of Cindy9332

Cindy9332

I am continuing to get this error message when I try to purchase G-Suite.  Is there an update yet about the issue and resolution?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Hello Cindy,

I understand you are attempting to add g suite and the ticket to get this error resolved is still in progress. I would have to advised allow another 24 hours to allow some work to be done on this, I apologize. 
Photo of Cindy9332

Cindy9332

I'm wondering if there has been any update about this issue with not being able to purchase G-Suite.  It's been over a week now and I'd appreciate a status update.  Thanks so much.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Cindy, the issue is still present but it is definitely being worked on. I am so sorry for the time it is taking to resolve this error but it has been prioritized. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

We were able to isolate an error with the set up. We will need an alternate email address to provide to google and the G Suite account can be setup manually. Right now g suite pulls the alternate email address from the Homestead account and google will not accept it because it is the same domain as the one you want to use with g suite. Do you have another email address you can provide us to give to google for the sign up? 
Photo of Cindy9332

Cindy9332

I'm not sure I understand.  I still want to be able to use my business email address with G-Suite.  Can we take this off-line and not in a public forum?  I believe you have my email address with Homestead.  Can you please contact me there so we can continue this discussion and I can provide you with an alternate email address?  
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Can you call into support? I can notate the account so the agent you work with is informed.  
Photo of Cindy9332

Cindy9332

Yes, I can call support.  Can you please provide the number for me to call.  I won't be able to call until tomorrow.  Thanks so much, I appreciate it.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No problem. You can reach us at 1800-710-1998 and we are open 6am-5pm MST. 
Photo of Cindy9332

Cindy9332

Okay, I will call tomorrow and would appreciate you noting the account about the issue.  Thanks so much!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Sounds good, already done. :)