Publishing on Facebook

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
  • Answered
Archived

This conversation was archived and is no longer visible to community members.

After I updated my website I clicked on "Save". After that I clicked on "Publish". The window popped open offering me to post a message of the update on Facebook and Linkedin. It successfully applies the message on Linkedin saying the posting has been made successfully. When I try to do the same for "Facebook", it gives me an error message saying it was unsuccessful in posting to Facebook. Please help me with this issue.
Photo of Rob4569

Rob4569

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Rob -

Are you logged into a Facebook account while you're attempting to publish? Do you get the prompt to log in to Facebook when you try to post your message? I would try being sure you're logged into your facebook account, then publish and see if you're still having issues. Please let me know!
Photo of Rob4569

Rob4569

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
Hi Aubrey. In the past I have not been required to be logged into Facebook when I updated my website. I would normally update my site, click on Save, then click on Publish. It would then ask me if I wish to post it on Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter. I select Linkedin and everything is fine. I select Facebook and I receive the following message: "We were unable to contact the service to post your update. Try posting again. Contact the service provider for help if this problem continues."

Now to answer your questions, I have been logged in while I select Facebook and still no success. I have no issues with Linkedin, just Facebook. Thank you.

Rob
Photo of Carla6472

Carla6472

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same issue as Rob4569.
Photo of Sherry1384

Sherry1384

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same issue. I have not been able to update Facebook for some time now. This has become frustrating because I have to copy what I am wanting to share into my own personal facebook account in order to tell all of my friends about our updated website.
Photo of Sherry1384

Sherry1384

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I was logged in to Facebook, not logged in, and still no success. Any and all help will be great!
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sherry1384 ,

So sorry for the delay, not sure how we missed your comment.

Are you still having trouble with this? If so, I can disconnect the account from my end that way ytou can re-add it next time you publish.

I look forward to your response, thanks.

Ehsan
Photo of Joseph7493

Joseph7493

• 136 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have the same problem. Has there been an answer as yet?
Photo of Ehsan Zaheer

Ehsan Zaheer

• 39,954 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Joseph7493,

Sorry for the delay -

Which site is this happening on? I can remove the connection to your facebook account which will allow you to re-add it when publishing.

Thanks,
Ehsan