Publishing Problems

• Question
  • Updated 2 months ago
  • In Progress
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

When I try to publish I receive a message saying that I have reached the 5 page limit of my contract and need to upgrade to publish. As far as i can tell I have a Home Index page (not sure what that is), a Home Page, a Short Story page, Poetry Page, and Novels Page. I do believe I have had these since the beginning. Can I delete the Index page, or is there a live human being at Home stead that I can talk to about this.?
Photo of James1209

James1209

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 months ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 6,768 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

I can take a look for you but if you would like to speak with one of our agent you are welcome to call us at 1800-710-1998.
(Edited)
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Also I do see two home pages. Home(index) and home. Home(index)  you want to keep. I would recommend deleting home if you would like, it looks pretty similar to your index page. 
Photo of James1209

James1209

Thank Michelle, No problem deleting the non-index Home page, but I think there must be another one that I inadvertantly created while tinkering around, because I have never had this issue before.  The error message indicated that I'd hit the 5 page limit. Does that mean I can only have 4 pages or 5. If the latter, then that means a 6th page showed up, which I have been unable to find.  Hence the frustration.  If I could find it I'd delete it if it possible for me to.  At this time only need the Home, Short Stories, Poetry and Novels pages.  Appreciate your guidance.................jim
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

No problem. If you did anything it looks like that may have done the trick because I was able to publish all pages without any issue or error saying it has exceeded the 5 page limit. Take a look at the site and let me know if you see the updates.
Photo of James1209

James1209

Looks like that did the trick.  Very much appreciate the assistance.

Have a great day........jim
Photo of James1209

James1209

Well Michelle, I thought all was well and good but it isn't.  I finished making the edits I needed and tried to publish the entire site, and again got the sorry you have reached your 5 page limit and need to upgrade.  Then I published each page separately and that seemed to work so I tested the buttons for going from one page to the next and found that the Home button came up with cannot find that page??  Before I published both ways, after I finished the edits, I checked the Preview and everything worked fine.  Something is amiss....................jim
Photo of James1209

James1209

Hold on, I checked my site this morning and now everything is there and working.  Not sure why but let's hold off on doing anything on your end and see what happens.  Quick question though. How long does it take to publish a site like mine? Am I expect results too quickly?  Thanks for your patience..................jim
Photo of Elyzabeth

Elyzabeth , Official Rep

• 43,936 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
One thing I can see is that your "Home" button is directed to the page called "Home". It should be pointing to the "Index" page. That needs to be corrected to have that Home button work.
Photo of James1209

James1209

Thanks, Short Stories change didn't take the time I did the editing.  All is well......jim

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.