PUBLISHING changed page doesn't save to online. OLD page remains.

• Problem
  • Updated 1 month ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

After publishing, it does not save new changes. Old page continues to show on Google, etc. I changed page title, erased old page, dumped footprints, pressed F5, tried 3 servers, 2 computers, etc. Published new page shows on Homestead, but old page remains online. Never had this problem in 20 yrs. of Homestead. All day working on it. PLEASE HELP ASAP
Photo of Dan8823

Dan8823

• 170 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
  • frustrated

Posted 1 month ago

Photo of Dan8823

Dan8823

I haven't received an answer. There is no conversation.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

• 65,808 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
It take time for new material to propulgate. You should leave the old material and create a redirect to send that traffic to your new pages.
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

WEBSITE PAGE NOT PUBLISHING:
1. Try a F5 to Refresh your browser.
2. Publishing will be prohibited if you've exceed your page limit or your storage limit. Does your account allows for 25mb of disk space? If you are attempting to exceed that amount, so it will not publish.
3. You may add 1gb of space for $2/month.
4. you can look in the file manager and see if there are files no longer on a page that you can delete to free up some space.
5. To see your used and remaining storage space, go to homestead.com and log into your account. Select My Account > Account Summary > In the page that opens, you'll see your site stats, including the amount of MB used and remaining.
6. Do you have a 5 page plan? You may be trying to publish more than 5 pages. You can either remove pages to get down to 5, or you can add a 10/pack, 10 additional pages for $2/month.
7. Have you tried publishing from the file manager? https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/why-are-my-changes-not-publishing
Photo of Dan8823

Dan8823

I have tried F5 a LOT, the page flickers, no change.
I have not exceeded storage limit.  Plenty left.
I do not need to free up space.
The page that continues to show online was erased from my website files. 
I have unlimited page plans and other Homestead sites with dozens of pages.
I have tried numerous times to publish from file mgr.  I've used different computers, servers, etc.  Changed home pg. title.  Created new index pg. Etc.   But, online the same old page remains and it doesn't even exist on my file list anymore.  
Can you help me with my particular site?
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

What's the website address?
Photo of Dan8823

Dan8823

I've tried everything again today.  Online, it still shows the old page without corrections.  But, on Homestead, both preview and published copies show the corrected version. 
Photo of themieleman

themieleman, Champion

HELP
Hours of Operation for Live Support
Sales: 1-800-986-0958 (Support can also be contacted via this number)
Support: 1-800-710-1998
Mon-Fri: 6:00am - 5:00pm MST(No DST)
Sat-Sun: Closed
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,928 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

From what I initially see on the home page it is showing the same content. What page/s are not reflecting the updates?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.