PUBLISHED WEBSITE DOESN'T MATCH PREVIEW

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Solved
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I have made changes on my web site, saved it, reviewed it and published the entire web site. Then I pulled up the republished website. The changes that I made did not appear on the published website. Please help.
Photo of Hans8560

Hans8560

• 428 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Barrie1596

Barrie1596

• 1,264 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
try an F5 refresh
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
As barrie has suggested, computers storre web pages on your computer in the cache folder. When you return to that page it brings up the one thats stored rather than the actual "live" site. It makes browsing quicker but when editing a website you want to see the updated page. F5 requests the computer to refresh the page you are looking at. You will need to clear your cache folder on a regular basis if you are doing a lot of editing on a page. Hope F5 works for you.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Let us know if that did or did not fix it. If not, please specify the page and the changes made.
Photo of Rick8709

Rick8709

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problem.  I tried F5 - refreshing the page but it still isn't the same as the edited site.
Photo of Hans8560

Hans8560

So where do we go from here?????
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

If the refresh did not solve your problem, then specify the site, page, and the changes made so we can take a look.
Photo of Hans8560

Hans8560

I followed all of the above with no results. The changes made are the following: I added Leland Cypress to items available on the home page and also added Leyland cypress on the "And More" page
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I was able to publish your index page, but if you look in the file manager the other pages and files are not publishing because it needs more disk space that your account is allotted. You can remove some images, or add disk space for $2/month
Photo of Hans8560

Hans8560

How do I add more disk space????
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I can do it for you if you approve the charge.
Photo of Hans8560

Hans8560

You said that you can add more disk space for $2 / month. How much more space????
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You currently have 25megabytes. We would add 1 gigabyte
Photo of Hans8560

Hans8560

Please do so. ASAP
Hans
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

Added. You should be able to publish now. You might need to log out of Sitebuilder first
Photo of Mary Brown

Mary Brown

• 60 Points
Try clearing your browser cache?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.