protect my photos

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: We have archived this topic as it has either reached a resolution or has become inactive.  If you believe this topic should not have been archived, please let us know, and we would be happy to review it.  You may continue to access this topic as needed fo

I want prevent someone from stealing my photos
Photo of raymond3153

raymond3153

• 70 Points

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of sharee7565

sharee7565

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
In site builder...click on insert...then the more button...then html....then paste the following into the link

<script language=JavaScript> var message="Function Disabled!"; function clickIE4(){ if (event.button==2){ alert(message); return false; } } function clickNS4(e){ if (document.layers||document.getElementById&&!document.all){ if (e.which==2||e.which==3){ alert(message); return false; } } } if (document.layers){ document.captureEvents(Event.MOUSEDOWN); document.onmousedown=clickNS4; } else if (document.all&&!document.getElementById){ document.onmousedown=clickIE4; } document.oncontextmenu=new Function("alert(message);return false") </script>

put it on every page.  It doesn't matter where you put it as it is invisible. 
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Keep in mind that this makes it more difficult. Nothing is completely safe. If you put it on the internet, it can be taken. You can read more in the topic below.

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/what_can_i_do_to_protect_the_images_i_place_on_my_s...
Photo of sharee7565

sharee7565

• 452 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
good point...but it is how I do it.  It is like a lock...it only keeps the honest people honest
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

It definitely helps.
Photo of Becky Marie

Becky Marie

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Drew, will that protect content too?
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I am not aware of any way to protect text as you can always highlight it and copy/paste.
Photo of Becky Marie

Becky Marie

• 204 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
okay...that was a fast response thank you!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

You're welcome. Lucky timing I think :)
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
The trouble with a No Right Click command can create more problems than it solves. If I can see the photograph on my computer screen I can screen capture it and paste into any graphic programme. There are programmes that upload photographs in narrow strips. You cannot see the joins they are invisible but using right click only saves the small strip the cursor is on at that time... likewise you could use watermarks ( although that marrs the picture)

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.