Product name links not working in shopping cart

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I think there's something wrong with my URL paths.

When I click on a product name either in my store Home, or from within the shopping cart, I get a 404 error. Sample link that fails:

http://store.gaitways.com/pediatric-h...

FWIW, my products and store were transitioned to BC over the last few weeks, so I didn't enter them directly into BC myself.

I *can*, however, link directly from my external website to 'push' a product into the shopping cart. And as far as I can tell, the cart function works as appropriate from there on out.
Photo of Lee4314

Lee4314

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Lee4314

Lee4314

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
When I worked through Task 2 of the migration process, I found that I had never registered my externally-hosted domain (gaitways.com) with Homestead (and I've been successfully transacting through Homestead for 4-5 years).

I'm suspecting that's the problem, since -- without an existing record - I can't get into the "Advanced DNS Editing" function described in Step 3 of Task 2.

So, I've now pointed my external domain to my Homestead internal domain, as if I were a new user. (I did not change my nameserver settings; my host ISP handles that.)

I've been on hold now for 25 minutes, so I'm going to post this and hang up, and wait for the DNS propagation to finish, and then see if I can finish Task 2.

Any suggestions otherwise would be welcome.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,678 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Lee4314,

Your suspicion is correct. The problem is with the domain pointing process not being completed yet. Once that is done then the links will resolve to the correct page and you'll no longer get the 404 page not found errors.

Make sure you add the DNS records. At this time the public Whois record still shows the wrong Nameserver and/or Cname records. If you need help with this let us know, as there are different ways to accomplish this.

Mike

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.