problems with thumbnail pics and Facebook

• Question
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

I have posted this question before, and got an answer, but I am continuing to have the same problem, so I am reposting it.

My website is www.FlyingCatConcerts.com. I wish to post a link to my website to Facebook with a specific thumbnail pic.

I have followed the previous instructions and done the following:

Put the following code in the section on my index page:

The picture is more than 200x200

I have run it through Facebook debugger

It still doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?
Photo of indyfolkseries3021

indyfolkseries3021

• 832 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

indyfolkseries3021

P.S. The code I pasted into the question above did not show up.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Good morning, Did Facebook ever update the image. I don't know what they will do when you have the code in there multiple times, specifying different images.

Drew

indyfolkseries3021

Yes, I have several different images I would like to be able to choose among - that is the point of inserting the code, I did it that way because that's the advice I got from Homestead awhile back. It worked one time, maybe back in July or so. I have a new image I would like to use now.

No, it still doesn't work on Facebook as of a few minutes ago.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Not sure if this is the cause or not, but you tag URL for rj_with_guitar.jpg has a space between the .com and /rj. The path is invalid and maybe that is causing Facebook's crawl to abort. Fix that and try again.

Drew

indyfolkseries3021

thanks, I deleted the space and still it does not work. When I try to post the link to Facebook it only lets me choose one thumbnail pic. I am going to delete all the code and start over.
Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,698 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I took a look at your site and at this moment I'm not seeing any code in the head section so am guessing you removed it. My recommendation is to try and add the code for just one image first and see if it works. Then if you want to test the ability to add more do that as a second step.

indyfolkseries3021

yes, I will try that. thanks.

indyfolkseries3021

update - I reinserted the code for one thumbnail pics and got it to work; then tested a seconnd pic, then a third. I can now choose among three separate pics, which was my goal. thanks for the help. I just hope it works again next month when I want to add a fresh picture.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.