Problem logging into email

• Problem
  • Updated 4 years ago
Merged

This conversation has been merged. Please reference the main conversation: Security warning logging in to webmail 4/11/2016

When I try to log into the Homestead Open-Exchange email server I get the following response from Google.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from emailmg.homestead.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

I am using the Chrome browser. In the address bar the HTTPS is red and is crossed out with a red bar.

Suggestions?
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 3,048 Points 3k badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Matthew5998

Matthew5998

• 180 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same problem with Firefox:

emailmg.homestead.com uses an invalid security certificate.
The certificate expired on April 11, 2016 at 9:22 AM. The current time is April 11, 2016 at 10:18 AM.
Photo of Elizabeth8479

Elizabeth8479

• 70 Points
Same problem.  Can't access from the Webmail button either.
Photo of Barbara0145

Barbara0145

• 430 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Same problem here! My employees called me to tell me they can't get to their email! WE OWN A SCHOOL BUS COMPANY!!! WE NEED OUR EMAIL!! 
Photo of Michelle1123

Michelle1123

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

same problem on explorer

Photo of Michelle1123

Michelle1123

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
we own a heating and cooling company.  we need our email
Photo of steve4468

steve4468

• 3,048 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Also, clicking the "advanced" link provides the following message.

This server could not prove that it is emailmg.homestead.com; its security certificate expired yesterday. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Monday, April 11, 2016. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

Proceed to emailmg.homestead.com (unsafe)

Photo of Mary Anne4404

Mary Anne4404

• 60 Points
same here
Photo of James9253

James9253

• 200 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same problem here how do we fix this
Photo of sales3622

sales3622

• 176 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Same here with Chrome.  Says their certificate expired yesterday and it won't let me log in.  Hello Homestead are you getting an updated certificate or what?   We need our email to work now!   I have to much on my plate to deal with this today,  I'm under deadlines for taxes this week..................
Photo of Sherri3496

Sherri3496

• 462 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
I have Chrome and can not access my email for our business.  Need to know if this is being worked on?

I get these errors:
Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from emailmg.homestead.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

I have 2 other email systems on my computer (gmail and yahoo mail). Both of those are working as usual, but Homestead is not.  I've tried multiple times to log on all morning.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.