Pointing/Transfering a Domain to Homestead from Verio

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Hello. I need assistance with pointing/transfering my domain name to homestead. I used Verio, not GoDaddy.

Also, is it possible to have a domain be pointed to a certain page within the homestead account? So that when people click on that particular tab, the domain switches, but only on that tab. The users would still be on the homestead page but the domain would be different at the top, only for that particular tab though. Is that possible?
Photo of trexyuriko8006

trexyuriko8006

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Do you still need assistance? Pointing refers to keeping the domain at Verio, and having it bring up a site that is hosted here.

Transferring would actually bring the domain from Verio to Homestead.

Which are you interested in doing?

Thanks

Drew N
Photo of trexyuriko8006

trexyuriko8006

Dear Drew,

Thank you for your reply.
Yes I still do need help..

I want pointing done now, and transferring during Memorial Day holiday (we use the e-mail alot.. looking for long weekend)

The domain is at Verio, and they advise our e-mails might be disturbed in the process of pointing. Is this true? and what can I do to minimize the disturbance for e-mails during pointing process...

Thank you,
Yuriko
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

There are 2 ways to point. We can point by nameserver, or by Advanced DNS. When you transfer the domain will be switching your email to Homestead as well?

Thanks

Drew N
Photo of trexyuriko8006

trexyuriko8006

I am sorry I do not understand the two ways of pointing..
When transfering, I want everything at Homestead, so there's no need going back and forth on these domains..
When you say switching e-mail to Homestead, is e-mail going to say "oooo@homestead.com"? We want to keep "oooo@ourdomain.com"

Thank you,
Yuriko
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

No, email will still be at your domain name, but the service moves from Verio to Homestead.

There will be some disruption of email during a transfer or point. I would suggest that we do what is called a nameserver point. You change the nameservers at Verio, and then you can create the email boxes in your account with us. The interuption should be minimal.

Is your website with us ready?

Thanks

Drew N

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.