Please help me to get my website back!!!

• Problem
  • Updated 6 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

My website www.brotherwoodbears.com has been deleted, as it comes up as "server not found". I went to the "domains" section and it says domain transferred, but I have not transferred it. Another of my websites, www.mikebrotherwood.com is currently being transferred, no problem buut why has mine gone????? I only knew abouut this when a customer emailed me, as she wanted to buy a bear.
Pleas email me a reply as I am not in pacific time so I cannot phone you and I do not have time to join a forum. suebrotherwood@aol.com
PLEASE GIVE ME MY WEBSITE BACK AS I HAVE NOT TRANSFERRED IT
Photo of Sue6682

Sue6682

• 240 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 6 years ago

Photo of Mike F.

Mike F., Alum

• 184,718 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
The domain brotherwoodbears.com has had the nameserves pointed to wix.com. Do you have a site a Wix you are tyring to use? If not the nameservers can be changed back to Homestead's default names and then it will pull up the site at Homestead. The messaging "transferred domain" just means that it was transferred to Homestead, instead of originally registered with us.

Mike
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,826 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sue6682, Your domain points to Wix. Where is the website you want to display for this domain?

Drew
Photo of Sue6682

Sue6682

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
For goodness sake answer me.

This is the third time I have asked for some help, please answer.
My website is down, www.brotherwoodbears.com, and when I went to the " domains" section it says my domain is transferred BUT I HAVE NOT TRANSFERRED IT ANYWHERE.
One of my domains, www.mikebrotherwood.com has recently been taken over, but to a new Homestead account run by my brotherin law, but why is mine down? I have a customer asking about a bear but we cannot see the website. I have not transferred my website, I have been with Homestead for years and am still paying you so please restore my website. At least have the decency to answer me.
Photo of Sue6682

Sue6682

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled
HELP PLEASE.

Please help...
I am in the Uk so the comuunity is closed to me.
I am unable to publish my website, which is offline, I do not know why. The website is brotherwoodbears.com. When I go onto domains it says domain transferred, but I haven't transferred it!!!!! Why is this and I WANT IT BACK
Why is it so difficuult to email someone in the help department?
2 of my websites are currently being taken over/transferred, ie mikebrotherwood.com and hilmarton.com, which I know about and would have told you but I don't know the email address to write to.
Can I please have my brotherwoodbears.com website back as I haven't transferred it, and it was fine a few days ago.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I sent you an email earlier with a link to this topic.  Let us know if you received it.

Drew
Photo of Sue6682

Sue6682

I did not receive your replies...
I have never heard of Wix I'm afraid, but it might have been something to do
with the person who is taking over mikebrotherwood.com (my brother in law)
I did contact him as he was my first thought as he isn't very clever, but he said he hasn't touched my website and denies any fault or knowledge. He did say he has set up his own account with Homestead, and that website is still online, but mine isn't.
Can you please bring me back to Homestead? I haven't had any dealings with any other website provider and despite a few small problems that were my fault, have been happy with Homestead,as it is easy to use and gives me everything I want from a website provider, up until this!
I have been looking for replies in the "community" but nothing came up, I'm sorry if I was looking in the wrong place! I have received one email, that is how I am replying to you now.
Unfortunately I cannot use the chat section as I am in the UK and do not use the computer in the evenings or night time.
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

I understand. I have reset the nameservers to Homestead. It might take a few hours to resolve.

You might want to try a different email address in your community dashboard. We are here 7 days a week, so if you can't time it to get live help, you can post here. In that case it is much easier if you are able to receive notifications that we have responded.

Drew
Photo of Sue6682

Sue6682

Thanks Drew,, I appreciate your help.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.