Please help. I deleted my domain by accident. I need to restore it ASAP

• Problem
  • Updated 3 years ago
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: Archived

Please help. I am a current customer and I deleted my domain www.invitationsla.com by accident. I need to restore that domain as soon as humanly possible - it is my company's main website. Thank you in advance for your help.
Photo of Teresa8740

Teresa8740

• 110 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Attila2920

Attila2920

• 1,244 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Teresa, in the meantime you can regain the content of your site (all text and photos) from here: https://web.archive.org/web/20160818104951/http://www.invitationsla.com/index.html in case that you do not have a backup already. Just thought it would be useful.
Photo of Teresa8740

Teresa8740

Thank you. Yes, this is helpful.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

• 32,264 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi, Your website is till there as Atillas tip has proved. I dont have any domain names with Homestead so not sure how you could delete your domain name. The domain is still registered to you until fen 2017 and is hosted by homestead so renewal etc should be automatic, However as the registered keeper of a domain name you also need to keep the web registra updated. If you can delete your domain name then dont panic the homestead guys will be able to sort it monday morning. BUt just in case its a registration issue just check through this link

https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/extremely_important_domain_information
Photo of Teresa8740

Teresa8740

Hi Brian,

I didn't literally delete my domain, but I hit the delete this domain button by accident  in my admin panel and now my website is down and I am not able to access the domain until customer service opens on Monday.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

Ah.. As I mentioned I wasnt aware you could do that... kind of lends itself to an accidental deletion.. I would bet you are not the first or will be the last. Its what we call in the comuter world as an Oops button..( or more colourful language) OK worst case cenario.. you have lost a couple of days online.. I am certain it can be resolved so put your feet up and put it down to experience.

OH I know I have done a lot worse trying to work on a customers website and entertain a three year old grandaughter...fingers tapping everything.. no harm done though
(Edited)
Photo of Teresa8740

Teresa8740

Thank you for this information. I know the domain is still held with Homestead. I was hoping to find a customer service rep. who could restore my access to the domain so my website would not be down. Monday morning can't come quickly enough.
Photo of Brian4612

Brian4612, Champion

I understand, you could try customer service 800-710-1998 but I have no idea if they are 24/7. Sorry.... It will be sorted I am sure BUT for future reference, whatever you did...... dont do it again :)
(Edited)
Photo of Teresa8740

Teresa8740

Yeah, no kidding! I was trying to delete another similar domain, looked away for a moment to help my kid and hit the wrong delete button. Doh!
Photo of Drew N

Drew N, Alum

• 262,816 Points 100k badge 2x thumb
I am sorry that it has taken me a while to catch up to your post. It does look like you got this fixed with support.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.