Placing Mail Chimp html on my site

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members. The community moderator provided the following reason for archiving: 7 days of inactivity

I'm trying to add Mail Chimp popups and a Sharethis html to my website. I can't seem to get either of them to work, or am I not seeing them functioning because the website isn't published?
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

• 846 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
  • confused

Posted 3 weeks ago

Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

• 9,058 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

That is correct, HTML elements wont convert in the editor you will need to view that from the published site. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

I'm just about ready to publish the new site. What's the next step, and what happens to my old site?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Awesome! You will want to connect your existing domain to the website with these instructions https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/how_can_i_switch_my_domain_to_a_new_site_i_built. Then publish it to go live online. 
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Your old website will still show in your list from websites manager. It will no longer be available online with your domain name. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

Ok. Thank you for all your help!
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You are welcome. Let me know if you need any additional help getting the new site live. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

Michelle, one more question about going live. Currently my store is a generic template that shows furniture pieces. I will upgrade my account to include a store when I publish. When I go live, will these images still appear, or will my store be blank?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Yes, the generic images will show upon publishing. You can hide the store page from your navigation if you do not want your customers to see that information. https://community.homestead.com/homestead/topics/websitebuilder-navigation-menu
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

I want visitors to come to the page but I want to place something that says - Coming 2010. Plus I'm putting a popup to drum up excitement for my coming store. Not sure what to do...
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

You can put a text box on the shop page that says "coming 20xx".
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

I placed a text box, per your suggestion. When I look at the mobile preview, the store is still showing...
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

I see what you did on the desktop, unfortunately, the mobile version does not allow layering of elements. The only thing you can do to not have it show in mobile is hide the page from the mobile view 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

Can I delete the product section and simply reinstall it when I'm ready to start inputting my store inventory?
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

Yes, that option will work also. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

I tried to delete the generic products until I'm ready to add them, and I can't seem to delete them.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

If you are not able to delete the products, you can disable them from being shown in the store editor. Go to the product and make it not visible in the store. 
Photo of glendak7622

glendak7622

My store isn't active yet. I haven't upgraded my account yet. What I'm referring to is the generic items that are on my page as a template for when I do place my inventory on the page.
Photo of Michelle C

Michelle C, Employee

The software does not allow you to delete products from the store page. Looks like that needs to be present. The best option may be to hide that page until it is ready to be published to avoid your customers seeing the template images. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.