Placement and appearance of h1 tag

• Question
  • Updated 7 years ago
  • Answered
Archived and Closed

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Bing SEO analyzer says the tag is missing for my home page. Once I enter it into the HTML box, how do I control how it appears on my site, such as font, size, color, etc.? I tried adding the tag and it appeared in giant letters across the page.

Can it be layered underneath so it is on the site but cannot be seen?

Do I have to enter the HTML code/language into the Page Properties "Advanced" tag box also?

Thanks.
Photo of Barbara6638

Barbara6638

• 122 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 7 years ago

Photo of Aubrey T

Aubrey T

• 15,316 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Barbara -

Since the h1 tag is in HTML, you'd have to use HTML to modify the appearance of the text. Please check out this post for more information about the different tags to use to modify your text.

You don't have to enter HTML code into the Advanced Tab for the purposes of the h1 tag.

Hope that helps!
Aubrey
Photo of Barbara6638

Barbara6638

Thank you, Aubrey.

When adding h2, h3, etc. tags, does that still apply - that I wouldn't have to add anything into the Advanced Tab box? By placing elements on my page with proper HTML codes, is it done automatically for me?

I'll try what you suggest. I may have to get back to you with further questions.

Barbara
Photo of Barbara6638

Barbara6638

Aubrey,

I'm still having problems. I studied the HTML codes and thought I knew how to insert them (thanks for your link above).

For my page, Yesteryear's Tips for Today, I inserted h1 and h2 codes and tried to put in the h3; then took out the h3 HTML codes. Why? Because what I previewed in Sitebuilder was not at all what turned up when published. Alignment was terribly off from my placement to what actually appeared in "preview".

I thought I had figured out how to control the size, font, color, etc., but am very disappointed at the results. Can I layer the h1 and h2 codes so they are actually underneath what I see in Sitebuilder?

Why is there a difference between how my page looks in "preview" vs. "published"? Now I have italic "Impact" fonts and can't get rid of the italic style. I've cleared my browers - Google Chrome, Explorer and Firefox.

I don't know what more to do at this point and am very disappointed. Thank goodness I only experimented with one page of my website.

Please help me.
Thank you.
Barbara

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.